From functional foods and beverages to decadent desserts, Archer Daniels Midland Co. (NYSE: ADM) plans to feature a wide range of its high-quality ingredients at the 2013 Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) Food Expo in Chicago.
The IFT Annual Meeting and Food Expo, the largest annual food science forum and exposition in the world, will be held at McCormick Place South in Chicago from July 14 to 16.
"IFT is an opportunity for us to showcase how ADM’s wide range of ingredients, as well as technical support and services, help food and beverage manufacturers create quality products that meet today’s changing consumer preferences,” said Tom Burrows, marketing director, ADM Foods & Wellness. “The products and samples we are highlighting at the show include examples of better-for-you foods and beverages that have benefits such as extra protein and vegetable servings, in addition to products where ADM ingredients, such as oils or cocoa, help produce a final product that looks and tastes exceptional.”
ADM will be located at booth number 2447 and will be serving samples that demonstrate how the company’s ingredients can be used in foods and beverages that consumers enjoy every day:
- Gluten-Free Pancakes with Blueberry Syrup – These fluffy, gluten-free pancakes are made with Harvest Pearl® sorghum flour mix and topped with blueberry syrup.
- Citrus Cooler – Great tasting and good for you too, this beverage is a 100 percent fruit juice blend featuring 7 grams of protein.
- Tropical Particulate Bar – This tasty bar is choc-full of healthful ADM ingredients including Fibersol® LQ, Fibersol-2, navy bean powder and whole-grain sorghum soy protein crisps, isoflavones, phytosterols and Vitamin E.
- Maple Bacon-Flavored Navy Bean Puff– VegeFull navy beans give this wholesome snack a boost of protein and fiber.
- Mini Egg Rolls with Sweet & Sour Sauce – These egg rolls are fried crisp in a blend of high oleic soybean oil and NuSun® sunflower oil and served with a sweet and sour dipping sauce.
- Chocolate-Filled Cupcakes– These cupcakes feature a double dose of deZaan™ cocoa powders in the cupcake batter and creamy filling, while a blend of palm and canola oils give the cupcakes a rich, moist texture.
- Cocoa Café – Iced and hot mocha beverages featuring deZaan cocoa powders will be served at the ADM cocoa café.
In addition, ADM Oils will commemorate 10 years of award winning technical advancements in fats and oils with a special celebration and samples. Attendees are invited to the ADM booth from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. daily to sample cheesecake made with NovaLipid™ enzymatically interesterified soybean oil. ADM pioneered the NovaLipid technology, creating a “zero grams trans per serving” domestic solution that utilizes soybean oil and fully hydrogenated soybean oil in the formulation.