Are you a beverage manufacturer concerned with the changing legislative landscape surrounding the use of genetically modified organisms (GMO) or labeling of foods with genetically engineered ingredients? If so, this and other timely information surrounding the cost and complexity of regulatory compliance is the subject of an education session at the inaugural Healthy Beverage Expo, held in conjunction with the World Tea Expo June 7 to 9, 2013 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
George Pontiakos, president and CEO of BI Nutraceuticals, will present an overview of GMO and Prop 37 like legislation in the pipeline, as well as adulteration, sourcing and testing challenges during his session Compliance Complexity & Cost on Saturday, June 8 from 9:45 to 10:45 a.m. By the end of the seminar, attendees will be able to:
• Understand why the industry must do a stronger job of interdicting legislation like Prop 37 before it gets traction
• Recognize why GMO is viewed as bad and why hybrid is looked at as good
• Know how to protect the consumer from adulteration
• Use complexity reduction in their raw material chain
• Implement new innovations for functional beverages
Register for this session by April 25, 2013 and receive a 20 percent discount. For more information on the Healthy Beverage Expo visit healthybeverageexpo.com.