“Great leaders choose their leadership style like an angler chooses his fishing pole, with a calculated analysis of the matter at hand, the end goal, and the best tool for the job.”
—Janelle Cobb, The Food and Health Collective
Part 1: Expand your leadership skills
- First rule of leadership: Expect the unexpected.
- Breathing allows you to be more present and more effective.
- Walking meetings allow for more connection.
- Listen first, then ask, “What else?”
Part 2: Think exponential
- “Situational leadership really helps you accelerate your growth. Different situations call for different styles. So the more you can expand your portfolio of tools, the more you can adapt to change.”
- What is the mission you have for your team? What does winning look like?
- Empowered individuals accelerate the fastest.
- Transparency lowers anxiety and increases security, focus, accountability and loyalty.
- When you live by your core values, you differentiate.
Part 3: What is the first tiny step you can take to become an exponential leader?
- Make impact a core value.
- Ask better questions.
- Find opportunities in the gray zone.
- Keep an open mind.
This session—Breathe, Think and Do Like an Exponential Leader—was recorded at Natural Products Expo East 2017. Click "download" to access the presentation slides.