"The question for brands becomes—what emotion, what meaning do we want to curate at shelf? We always like to say that design is the art of curating meaning."
—Adam Spriggs, Nucleus Maximus
Part 1: Building a methodology
- What does your packaging need to do to win sales?
- Three things that make brands stand out.
Part 2: Winning the eye
- Phase one: how to create visual contrast using iconic visuals, efficiency, color and package structure.
Part 3: Winning the heart
- Phase two: how to create emotional pull using custom designs, iconography and unmistakable packaging.
Part 4: Winning the mind
- Phase three: appealing to logic by determining the consumer's hierarchy of decisions and creating efficient lockups.
Part 5: Winning the sale
- Recap of the three phases and how to apply it to your brand.
- Questions and answers.
This session—Closing Sales at Shelf, A Packaging Design Discussion & Workshop—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2017. Click "download" below to access the presentation slides.