"Innovation is the hallmark of humanity, but new foods and new food production methods mean transparency is critical in engaging and adopting new consumers."
—Todd Runestad, New Hope Network
Part 1: Twenty years at Natural Products Expo West
- Liposomes and micelles are enhancing technological delivery formats.
- The pros and cons of nanotechnology.
Part 2: Ingredients
- The strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of trending ingredients.
- Todd Runestad's top 20 ingredient suppliers.
Part 3: Supplements
- NutrAward 2017 ingredients and finished products.
- The strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of trending supplements.
Part 4: The NEXTY awards
- Trends in alternative delivery formats and personalized nutrition.
- The NEXTY Award's 2016 and 2017 delivery formats and best new supplements.
Part 5: Why supplements have the 'right to win'
- The newest in brain health, mitochondrial supplements and probiotics.
- Two pillars of today's shopper: natural and sustainable.
Part 6: Innovation and the next hundred years
- Runestad's projections for the next century.
- Top five favorite resources for keeping up with trends and innovation.
- How overall industry trends are reaching the world of sports nutrition.
This session—Trends in Supplement Ingredients, Now, New & NEXTY—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2017. Click "download" below to access the presentation slides.