For the first time since acquiring Danisco in 2011, and full ownership of former joint venture, Solae, in 2012, DuPont Nutrition & Health (DuPont) will present to the International Baking Industry Expo (IBIE) opportunities its expansion creates for the baking industry.
“Since IBIE is held every three years, this will be our first chance to introduce ourselves to the entire baking industry as DuPont,” said Mark Hotze, sales manager, Bakery. “Bringing together Danisco’s strong track record in baking, Solae’s leadership in soy protein, and the commitment to R&D investment from DuPont puts us in an outstanding position to help manufacturers respond to important trends in the market now and in the future. With the combination of scientific knowledge, innovative capabilities, broad portfolio and market insights, what we are able to offer the industry is more potent than ever. And we are excited to demonstrate a little of what is possible at IBIE.”
Bringing health and wellness solutions
A key example highlighted at the event will be ingredient solutions for creating products that deliver enhanced nutritional value and increased satiety, an important aspect of weight management:
- Litesse® polydextrose – Litesse is a recognized prebiotic fiber that contributes just one calorie per gram and mediates a low glycemic impact. These factors, combined with its ability to enhance satiety, mean Litesse can be used to develop baked goods that are both satisfying and “better for you.”
- SUPRO® soy protein – SUPRO soy protein from DuPont is a complete, high-quality protein source that adds nutritional fortification to baked goods by increasing protein content. In addition, soy protein can offer bakers functional benefits and has been shown to help promote heart health.
- FIBRIM® – FIBRIM is a non-digestible polysaccharide soy fiber that provides a unique blend of insoluble and soluble fiber (between 62-70 percent insoluble and 5-9 percent soluble), and as such demonstrates benefits associated with both types of fiber.
Consumption of high fiber and low glycemic foods can help moderate blood sugar levels, thereby helping to suppress hunger and promote satiety. Litesse polydextrose and FIBRIM soy fiber can help in reducing energy intake when used in lower-calorie baked goods.
Longer freshness through softening solutions
While the dynamics of consumer demand call for continual innovation in the baking space, the importance of keeping products fresh doesn’t change. DuPont will share with IBIE attendees its array of effective softening solutions designed to please the consumer and to deliver bottom-line benefits to manufacturers. DuPont Danisco enzymes, emulsifiers and hydrocolloids are used individually and in combination to:
• Extend freshness
• Improve product quality
• Produce stronger crumb structure
• Improve process tolerance
• Increase production efficiency
• Reduce product returns
IBIE attendees are encouraged to visit DuPont bakery experts at booth 5821 to find out more about the science and clinical research that support DuPont ingredients or go to danisco.com/bakery.