Fuchs North America, a leading supplier of seasonings, flavor systems and taste solutions to the food manufacturing and foodservice industries, announces the introduction of a new line of exciting South American–inspired flavor bases.
These bases are the starting point for developing unique custom product offerings for foodservice customers, as well as processed food products for the grocery and retail food segments.
Included in the newly-introduced South American seasoning lineup are the following base flavor profiles:
- Aji Amarillo—a fruity, flavorful chili that’s perfect for meat rubs
- Chimichurri—the classic sauce to accompany fire-roasted meats, featuring a citrus flavor accentuated by parsley and seasonings that hit all the right notes
- Gaucho Rub—emanating from the Southern Cone of South America, a meat rub melding a complex combination of flavors from chili peppers, oregano, pepper flakes, sea salt and other ingredients
- Guasacaca—a spicy avocado salsa from Brazil, somewhat reminiscent of Mexican guacamole yet having its very own distinct personality
- Hogao—a Colombian criollo sauce for meats featuring an intoxicating melding of flavors from onions, tomatoes, garlic, cumin, and other spices and seasonings
- Tempero Baiano—a dry seasoning mixture springing from the Bahia-Salvador region of Northeast Brazil that’s perfect for flavoring meats, fish, vegetables and soups, and known for limitless combinations of flavors and accents
According to Howard Cantor, Fuchs North America’s corporate research chef, these new South American seasoning bases add variety and excitement as rubs, marinades and sauces for beef, other red meats, chicken and fish. They can also add a special culinary flair to vegetables, soups and casseroles.
Patrick Laughlin, director of marketing, reports that Fuchs North America works with customers to go “from concept to manufacturing to delivery” of an approved flavor in a very short amount of time.
“Because we have these bases at-the-ready, we can provide base samples for immediate testing, and then we work with each customer to refine the flavor to obtain just the right taste characteristics they’re seeking,” Laughlin reported.
“We have all the building blocks in place, so the entire process from concepting to delivery can happen in a matter of a few weeks or even days. That’s a big benefit when customers are under tight product development timeframes so often.”