Nutrition Business Journal

Salary & Benefits Data of Natural Products Retailers: 2004-2007 - Chart 126


Click here to view data chart framework



This chart presents Salary & Benefits data from the 2007 Nutrition Business Journal/Natural Foods Merchandiser survey of natural products retailers. Chart presents data for the years 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.

This summary of data at the Natural Products Retail level details: The Average Salary of a:

  • Sales clerk
  • Assistant department manager
  • Department manager
  • Store manager
  • Executive level store manager

What % of stores offer benefits to full-time and part-time employees

  • Health insurance
  • Dental insurance
  • A retirement plan
  • Life insurance
  • Store discount
  • Profit sharing
  • Paid vacation

Benefits Eligibility %

  • All employees are eligible
  • Employees are eligible after a length of time
  • Average # of years until eligible
  • Only full-time employees are eligible
  • Only managers are eligible
  • Other

Survey findings are presented in total and for 3 store types: Natural Food Stores, Health Food Stores and VMS Stores.

*Natural Food Stores are defined as stores with 40% or less of their total sales from supplements. *Health Food Stores are defined as stores with 40% to 80% or more of their total sales from supplements. *VMS Stores are defined as collecting 80% or more of their total sales from supplement sales.

The figures presented in this chart are the result of surveys and may vary annually in ways that may not be indicative of broader retail or industry trends.



Hide comments


  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.