This chart presents Product Sales data from the 2008 Nutrition Business Journal/Natural Foods Merchandiser survey of natural products retailers. Chart contains data for the years 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.
Total natural products retail and organic sales are presented for the following categories: Foods
- Frozen/refrigerated foods
- Non-Dairy beverages (soy, oat, rice & milks)
- Bulk/packaged bulk foods
- Packaged grocery foods
- Fresh meat/seafood
- Nutrition bars
- Packaged coffee/tea
- Other beverages (juice, soda, ready-to-drink teas, etc.)
- Foodservice & deli, restaurant, juice bar, etc.
- Snack foods (chips, cookies, etc.)
- Sports supplements (powders, pills, hard core sports drinks like American Body Building)
- Meal replacement supplements
- Specialty/Other supplements (including Glucosamine, Melatonin, CoQ10, hormones, EFAs, bee products, etc.)
Natural Personal Care/Household Products
- Personal care (including aromatherapy)
- Pet products
Total Natural Products Retail Sales
In addition, a number of summary tables aggregating total and organic food, supplements and npc/other sales are included for analysis.
These survey findings are aggregated and presented for all store types and sizes together.
The figures presented in this chart are the result of surveys and may vary annually in ways that may not be indicative of broader retail or industry trends.