The International Journal for Vascular Biology and Medicine, Thrombosis and Haemostasis has published a new study showing the beneficial effect of vitamin K2 (MK-7) on cardiovascular health. Vitamin K2 is strongly indicated for bone mass and strength, but the findings of this new study are significant with regard to cardiovascular health.
In this study, 244 healthy postmenopausal women received placebo or 180 mcg of vitamin K2 (MK-7) (as MenaQ7™ from NattoPharma of Norway) daily. Results confirmed that MenaQ7 Vitamin K2 not only inhibited age-related arterial stiffening of the artery walls, but also made an unprecedented statistically significant improvement in vascular elasticity.
"This MenaQ7 study is very impressive and confirms other research we have reviewed on the benefits vitamin K2 for bone and heart health," said Dr. Dennis Goodman, board-certified cardiologist, author of Vitamin K2: The Missing Nutrient for Heart and Bone Health, and director of Integrative Medicine at NYU Langone Medical Center in New York. "The amount of calcium in the coronary arteries (heart blood vessels) is an excellent predictor of cardiovascular health. You are as old as your arteries!"
In an earlier Rotterdam Study (2004)1 findings showed that high dietary intake of vitamin K2—but not vitamin K1—had a strong protective effect on cardiovascular health. This population-based study, which took place over a 10-year period, followed 4,807 initially healthy men and women >55 years of age.
These studies further support SuperNutrition’s recently launched SimplyOne Heart Smart, a chewable one-a-day supplement combination of vitamins A (retinol), D3, and natural K2 (as MenaQ7TM).
Heart Smart’s patent-pending nutrient combination supports arterial flexibility and elasticity, healthy blood pressure (already within normal range), and healthy bones. Heart Smart transforms the natural heart health category as the first formula to optimize the heart health benefits of vitamins A, D and K2.
“Our SimplyOne Heart Smart returns K2 to our diets in the form of the patented MenaQ7 from NattoPharma. And it is a first to combine K2 with the critical partners, vitamin A (retinol) and vitamin D3 that create the two proteins that guide calcium to bones, but only when they are activated by K2. These three partners support cardiovascular health in a way that has never been done before,” said Michael Mooney, Director of Science and Education for SuperNutrition. “And it’s in a delicious wild berry, chewable tablet. Heart Smart is a game changer for our nation’s cardiovascular health.”
SimplyOne Heart Smart:
- Supports arterial flexibility and elasticity, healthy blood pressure (already within normal range), and overall cardiovascular health and bone strength
- Clinically proven: Delivering natural vitamin K2 (MenaQ7) with a full 90 mcg tablet, a clinically significant dose
- Supported by studies, including the Rotterdam Study, of more than 4,800 adults
- Primary function: directing calcium into bones and teeth where it belongs
- Patent-pending: nothing on the market combines these three nutrients targeting heart health
- Chewable and delicious naturally made with a tablet base of heart-healthy D-ribose, organic blueberry juice powder, and organic beet root powder