The American Herbal Products Association (AHPA) has welcomed 15 companies as new members in 2014. AHPA's newest members represent diverse sectors of the botanical industry, including:
- Herbal ingredient suppliers (DMH Ingredients, Inc., Kaufman Metals and Midwest Herb Co.)
- Contract manufacturers (Best Life PharmaNaturals, Deep Plus and Next Pharmaceuticals)
- Unique consumer product makers (Kuumba Made, Galen's Way and Teeter Creek Herbs)
- Industry service providers (DiMaggio Spierer, PLLC, Jacobs Compliance Services and Joy's Quality Management Systems)
- Companies pioneering the burgeoning medicinal cannabis industry (CannaVest, Kannway and U-Med Center)
"AHPA is proud to represent these companies from the many different sectors of the herbal trade," said AHPA President Michael McGuffin. "The association's growing and diverse membership helps broaden AHPA's expertise and enables the association to effectively act as the voice of the herbal products industry."
New AHPA Members:
- Best Life PharmaNaturals is a contract manufacturer of custom nutritional and dietary supplements that are cGMP compliant and registered with the FDA.
- CannaVest develops, produces, markets and sells consumer products containing industrial hemp-based compounds with a focus on cannabidiol (CBD).
- Coffman's Metals is one of the largest ginseng dealers in the Eastern U.S. and also purchases a wide variety of other herbs and roots.
- DMH Ingredients Inc. is a specialty food ingredient distributor that has been supplying quality ingredients to the food and pharmaceutical industries for over 20 years.
- Deep Plus is a manufacturer, distributor and marketer of natural health products.
- Kannway is a hemp lifestyle company with a focus on nutritional wellness and products that contain CBD-rich hemp oil.
- Kuumba Made blends oil based fragrances and makes all-natural herbal body care products using unique ingredients grown on organic farms or wild harvested.
- Galen's Way is committed to crafting the highest quality, therapeutically active herbal skin care using whole plant extracts.
- Midwest Herb Co. is a supplier of herbs and botanicals.
- Next Pharmaceuticals develops unique and innovative natural raw materials for the dietary supplement, food and beverage industries.
- Teeter Creek Herbs provides herbal extracts made from quality fresh herbs, many grown on Teeter Creek Farm in the Ozark Hills of Missouri.
- U-Med Center doctors are licensed physicians who assist in treating and caring for patients with chronic maladies by providing state-approved examinations and recommendations needed to access medical cannabis treatments.
- DiMaggio Spierer PLLC is a law firm providing legal services to the dietary supplement, food, drug, cosmetic and entertainment industries, including regulatory compliance, contracts and intellectual property protection.
- Jacobs Compliance Services provides regulatory consulting to help dietary supplement and food companies optimize regulatory compliance efforts.
- Joy's Quality Management Systems is a consulting firm serving the dietary supplement and pharmaceutical industries that specializes in auditing, training and implementation of current good manufacturing practice (cGMP).