Canon Communications LLC announced several moves to enhance the capabilities of its media brand Nutritional Outlook. Based on growth of the publication and its digital media portfolio, as well as rapid growth in the nutraceuticals industry, the investment responds to increasing communications needs in the robust nutraceutical ingredients marketplace. According to industry estimates, global demand for nutraceutical ingredients will advance 6.2% annually through 2013 and ingredients will be a $21.8 billion worldwide market serving a $236 billion global nutritional product industry by the end of 2013.
Patrick Lundy, Senior Group Publisher for Canon's Powder/Bulk Solids, Injection Molding Magazine, Modern Plastics Worldwide, and PlasticsToday.com, has assumed the publishing leadership for Nutritional Outlook. "I am delighted to have Patrick Lundy lead the Nutritional Outlook team as his 22 years in publishing will be beneficial to the continued strategic growth of Nutritional Outlook," said Ron Wall, Executive Vice President of Canon's Publishing Division.
Tim Baudler, previously the Sales Manager for Nutritional Outlook, has been promoted to Associate Publisher. He will manage marketing and sales activities and play a key role in developing new strategies to ensure the media brand's continued growth. He joined Canon Communications in 2005 as an Account Executive, was promoted to Sales Manager in 2008, and has been the driving force behind Nutritional Outlook's 50% advertising page growth since he joined Canon.
Reporting to Baudler, new team member Beth Berner has been named Account Executive for Nutritional Outlook. Berner has been with Canon Communications since 2004, and has held media sales positions for Canon's appliance and plastics media platforms.
On the editorial side, Canon announced the expansion of its staff with the addition of Robby Gardner as Assistant Editor. According to Editor Jennifer Kwok, Gardner has worked part-time for Nutritional Outlook for the past year, and is now on board full time.
Editorial Advisory Board
Jennifer Kwok has assembled an influential Editorial Advisory Board to further Nutritional Outlook's connection to readers and the industry. The guidance of distinguished industry experts will help the publication and digital products continue to stay at the forefront of the nutraceuticals industry and serve readers as the industry's leading resource for science and news.
· Mark Blumenthal, Founder and Executive Director, American Botanical Council
· Elizabeth Campbell, Vice President, EAS Consulting Group
· Dallas Clouatre, PhD, Fellow of the AmericanCollege of Nutrition, Founding Partner of Glykon Technologies Group LLC, Consultant to Jarrow Formulas
· Audra Davies, MS, Director, Nutrition Product Development, Nutrilite
· Steven Dentali, PhD, Chief Science Officer, American Herbal Products Association Daniel Fabricant, PhD, Vice President, Global Government and Scientific Affairs, Natural Products Association
· Steven Foster, noted botanicals photographer, Steven Foster Group Inc.
· Andrew Shao, PhD, Senior Vice President, Scientific and Regulatory Affairs, Council for Responsible Nutrition
· Irfan Qureshi, ND, Vice President of Technical and Regulatory Affairs, AIBMR Life Sciences Inc.
· Kerry Watson, Manager, SPINS Product Library
The expansion of the Nutritional Outlook team and addition of the Editorial Advisory Board enhances Nutritional Outlook's ability to respond to the anticipated growth of the nutraceuticals industry.
About Canon Communications:
Canon Communications LLC, a portfolio company of Apprise Media LLC, is the leading producer of trade events, publications, and electronic media for the $3 trillion advanced, technology-based manufacturing industry, including medical device, packaging, design engineering, process technology, automated assembly, electronics, quality control, and plastics processing.
Further information about Canon's business-to-business publications, trade shows, and digital media is available at www.cancom.com.