The Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN), the dietary supplement industry’s leading trade association, announced that five new companies have joined its membership roster. The five companies include: Voting Members Balchem, Solix BioSystems Inc. and Suan Farma Inc. and Associate Members NutriMarketing and Vanguard Global Associates LLC.
CRN President and CEO Steve Mister said, “Our goal is to seek out companies that are committed to the long-term, sustainable and responsible growth of the industry, and we’re proud to have these new companies with us. We’ve been very successful in serving our membership, and our efforts will continue to be strengthened as we continue to bring in strong companies.”
New member companies:
- Balchem: Balchem Corp. is a large ingredient supplier to the food, nutrition, pharmaceutical and feed industries, providing state-of-the-art, customized solutions and high quality products. Balchem is a technology-driven company, specializing in the manufacture of VitaCholine®, a line of water-soluble USP choline salts, and in microencapsulation for various applications of its nutritional ingredients.
- Solix BioSystems Inc.: Founded in 2006 on the vision of realizing the commercial potential of microalgae, Solix BioSystems Inc. develops, produces, and is now poised to sell high quality natural ingredients for the nutritional supplement, and aquaculture markets.
- Suan Farma Inc.: Suan Farma Inc. is a leading provider of high quality nutritional ingredients and technologies to the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, cosmetic, food, agriculture, veterinary, and biotechnology markets. Founded in Spain in 1994, Suan Farma specializes in the development, production and marketing of raw materials and finished dosage forms.
- NutriMarketing: NutriMarketing is a marketing, strategy, and business development consultancy with a core focus on the nutraceutical, functional ingredient and bioactives market. NutriMarketing provides business solutions for innovation, partnering, market development, and strategic business intelligence. The company’s expertise spans deep scientific knowledge, comprehensive understanding of the marketing and health and wellness innovation to help ensure business growth for B2B and B2C companies.
- Vanguard Global Associates LLC: Vanguard Global Associates LLC (VGA) is a leading-edge consultancy of experienced associates who work together to develop creative solutions to their clients’ challenges. VGA has a wide range of skills and resources in the research & development arena encompassing product development, regulatory affairs, safety assurance and evaluation, program development for claims substantiation, technology assessment, and the strategic management of technology and R&D. VGA develops strategic global regulatory plans for product commercialization including concept of market; resolves complex scientific and toxicological issues; conducts safety evaluations (including GRAS determinations); develops novel structure/function claims; and manages formulation, analytical, and process engineering laboratories.