DSM Nutritional Products, the global leader in nutritional ingredients, invites entrepreneurs to connect with key DSM executives to explore business collaborations and investment opportunities.
The conference is sponsored by DSM’s Human Nutrition & Health unit and will be held at DSM’s North American headquarters in Parsippany, N.J., on June 25 to 26, 2014. Finalists will be announced by May 14, 2014, and invited to the conference.
DSM is seeking entries for innovative technologies and products in the following areas:
- Memory enhancing ingredients
- Cognition enhancing ingredients for children
- Ingredients providing sustained energy benefits
- Blood glucose lowering ingredients
- New fibers with digestive health benefits
- Natural colorants and natural antioxidants
- Dietary solutions for food intolerances (e.g., for fructose, salicylates etc.) and allergies
- Disruptive formulation technologies for micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, carotenoids, PUFA’s, phytonutrients, and dietary enzymes)
- Non-invasive diagnostics to assess levels of micronutrients in the human body
The DSM Innovation Partnering Conference includes a half-day Learning Academy designed to inform and educate attendees as to how DSM collaborates with small businesses at all stages of the supply chain, works to co-develop products, and invests in startups with innovative human health and nutrition solutions. The half-day Learning Academy will be taught by senior DSM executives from R&D, Innovation, Sales & Marketing, Regulatory and Venturing. The Learning Academy will be followed by one-hour business plan presentations by each invited company—30 minute presentations followed by 30 minutes of discussion with senior DSM personnel, including members from our Corporate Venturing organization.
Each company will be assigned mentors from Nutrition Capital Network (NCN) and DSM to help develop their presentation prior to the conference. Post-event mentoring from a DSM executive will be available on a case by case basis and all selected candidates will be considered for an investment by DSM Venturing or for another type of collaboration with DSM Human Nutrition and Health.
A selection committee of DSM and NCN executives will evaluate and interact with applicants to determine the invited companies
Presenters will likely fall into two groups:
- Early Stage Companies = 1 – 3 years to commercialization
- Seed Stage Companies > 3 years to commercialization
The application process is free and due by May 9, 2014. In addition, DSM will provide hotel accommodations for the selected finalist applicants. Other travel arrangements will be the responsibility of the conference attendees. For applications, please visit nutritioncapital.com/The_2014_DSM_Partnering_Innovation_Conference.