The Natural Products Association (NPA) is now accepting nominations for the 22nd Annual NPA Awards, the premier honors for the natural products industry. The NPA Awards salute industry pioneers and leaders for their accomplishments in science, environmental issues, advocacy, social responsibility, and the industry at large.
“For more than two decades, NPA has honored individuals who have made the biggest strides on behalf of natural products and other areas that are so important to our industry. In 2015, we aim to carry on this longstanding tradition of highlighting the work of the best and brightest in these fields,” said NPA CEO Daniel Fabricant, Ph.D. “We ask that all industry members help ensure that we continue to recognize the most innovative, dedicated and passionate individuals in our industry this year.”
All industry stakeholders are encouraged to submit names for any of the awards. They also may nominate themselves for any awards for which they are qualified. The deadline for submitting nominations is Wednesday, April 1. For a list of previous awards winners, visit NPAinfo.org/awards.
Nominations being accepted for:
- President's Award: Presented to an individual or company that has made longtime contributions to the industry.
- Burton Kallman Scientific Award: Presented to an individual for outstanding achievement in science related to the natural products industry.
- Rachel Carson Environmental Award: Presented to an individual or company that has made significant contributions to the environmental community.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Typically presented to individuals outside the industry who have served as advocates for the natural products industry in policy and legislation. In some cases, this award has been given to industry pioneers, as nominated by the NPA president.
- Industry Champion Award: Presented to individuals who have made notable contributions to industry above and beyond commercial success.
- Clinician Award: Presented to a licensed health care practitioner whose work exemplifies the best standards and dedication to responsible holistic, noninvasive and integrative/complementary/alternative-medicine modalities.
- Socially Responsible Retailer Award: Presented to a retail store or stores within the industry demonstrating key aspects of social responsibility.
A nomination packet with each category's criteria, a list of previous winners, and a submission form can be downloaded at NPAinfo.org/awards. For questions, please email NPA Communications Coordinator Melinda Price at [email protected]