SPINS, the leading provider of retail consumer insights for the natural products industry and Pure Branding, a research, insights and strategic consultancy that builds leading brands for values-based companies in the natural products industry, announce the survey launch of the 2014 Natural Products Marketing Benchmark Report. This second edition of the only benchmark report for marketers in the natural channel includes for the first time retailer participation, as well as data from natural products manufacturers. The survey is now open to all natural products manufacturers and retailers that sell natural products. It will be closed on Dec. 15, 2013.
“As the first report did back in 2011, the 2014 Natural Products Marketing Benchmark Report fills a major gap in the data available to marketers and retailers in the industry,” said Yadim Medore, Pure Branding’s founder. “Over 400 manufacturers participated in the last edition, and this year we anticipate over 1,000 participating manufacturers and retailers.”
Once the data is in and the results are analyzed, the report will help marketers support their annual budget rationale with real numbers based on industry standards, write more successful marketing plans informed by proven best practices for companies of all categories, and develop effective campaigns based on the experiences of hundreds of marketers facing similar challenges.
The report will provide detailed insights on the following topics:
- How the industry feels about regulating the term “natural”
- The major external and internal marketing challenges faced by companies
- How retailers and manufacturers are responding to the GMO issue
- How marketers perceive their consumers
- How companies split their trade and consumer marketing budgets
- The percentage of marketing budget in relation to revenue
- The most used and most effective marketing tactics
- Special sections on social media and packaging design
Both marketers and retailers who participate in SPINS and Pure Branding’s study will receive a complimentary top-line version of the report, 50 percent of the full 2014 report when released and a free PDF of the 2011 report. Pure Branding encourages marketers and retailers in the natural channel to participate in the study, which will be running through Dec. 15.