Neptune Technologies & Bioressources introduces NKO® Focus to support brain and vision health. Utilizing Neptune Krill Oil (NKO®) as the core ingredient, NKO Focus includes several ingredients, including lutein esters. When combined with NKO, a clinical trial showed lutein’s absorption improved by as much as eight times than a generic counterpart.
Additionally, NKO Focus offers proven brain health support, including up to seven times more astaxanthin than other krill oils, as well as 3 percent of the daily value of choline—a precursor of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter for memory. NKO Focus also contains DHA and phospholipids, known to support healthy brain function. Neptune added high-potency vitamin A, thiamine (vitamin B1) and lutein esters, which help maintain eye health, normal vision and cognitive function.
“We took the ‘original’ NKO and gave it a boost, targeting brain and vision health,” said Jacqueline Khayat, Neptune’s sales director. “This is the first krill oil blend to offer such a powerful delivery mechanism to support brain and vision health. NKO is the perfect vehicle to increase bioavailability of other ingredients.”
In addition to enhancing lutein uptake, NKO Focus contains the heart-healthy omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids EPA and DHA in a phospholipid form, which supports more efficient digestion, absorption and utilization.
NKO Focus facts: innovative brain and vision blend
- Clinical study demonstrating lutein absorption improved by as much as eight times
- Supports both healthy vision and healthy cognitive function
- Easier to digest—no reflux or aftertaste
- Superior EPA and DHA levels compared to other krill oils
- Omega-3 attached to phospholipids result in 2.5 times more bioavailability than fish oil.
- Antioxidant astaxanthin—up to seven times more than other krill oils
- Naturally occurring vitamins A and E
- Minimal .001 percent solvent residue (compared to up to 3 percent solvent residue in other krill products; evident in NKO’s milder aroma)
- Only Halal-certified krill oil—no alcohol used in patented-extraction process
Allowable U.S. market label claims
- Contains omega-3 DHA and phospholipids that support healthy cognitive function
- Provides a unique composition that makes DHA available to the brain
- Contains naturally occurring choline, which is the precursor of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter involved in memory
- Lutein esters helps maintain eye health
- High potency vitamin A helps maintain normal vision
- Thiamine (vitamin B1) helps maintain healthy cognitive function