Mrs. Green’s Natural Market (www.mrsgreens.com) will open its first market in the state of New Jersey this week at 64 Princeton Hightstown Road, West Windsor, with an open house event from 6-8:30 p.m. Thursday to introduce the new store to the community. The store will officially open for business Friday with a ribbon cutting ceremony to be held in collaboration with the “GRO” Chapter of the MIDJersey Chamber of Commerce at 7:45 a.m.
Mrs. Green’s will donate 5 percent of proceeds during the store’s first week up to a $10,000 total to America’s Grow-A-Row, a nonprofit providing a positive impact through volunteer efforts of planting, picking, rescuing and delivering fresh produce to food desert areas in New Jersey.
“Mrs. Green’s Natural Market is rapidly expanding with a strong foundation established in the Northeast,” CEO Robin S. Michel said. “We’re excited to bring our unique concept of all-natural, organic products to the communities of West Windsor, Princeton and the surrounding areas.”
Scheduled events during the grand opening festivities include the following:
- Open House – Thursday 6-8:30 p.m., a free, family friendly event featuring live entertainment, food and beverage samplings and a dedicated children’s activity area.
- Official ribbon cutting ceremony and store opening – Friday 7:45-8 a.m.
- Executive chef demonstrations – Thursday and Friday 6-8 p.m.; Saturday 1-2 p.m.
- Field Trip Factory Think Global, Eat Local program introduction for teachers and educators – Friday 4-7 p.m.
- America’s Grow-A-Row educational events – Saturday 11 a.m.-noon; Sunday 2-3 p.m.
- WPST-FM (94.5) prize wheel – Saturday 12-2 p.m.
Offering natural, organic products that are locally sourced is a primary focus for Mrs. Green’s, which partnered with Philadelphia-based nonprofit Fair Food to identify local vendors who could help reach this goal. In-store samplings from these vendors will be offered throughout the weekend of March 28-30.
The 22,500 square-foot store is conveniently located about three miles southeast of Princeton University. Regular store hours will be 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., seven days a week.