Island Natural is currently seeking representatives for Northern New Jersey and Rockland County. We are a distributor who services retail accounts in the New York, New Jersey metro area. Our Company was established in 1979. We sell natural foods, snacks, supplements, and body care products. Our customer base includes natural food stores, GNC's, supermarkets, gourmet stores, Food Co-ops, delis, and more. Each of our salespeople is an independent contractor, who manages his own territory. We offer commission based compensation to our salespeople in lieu of a fixed salary. Because of this arrangement our salespeople can earn a significant income that is directly proportional to the results that they produce. We also offer our sales people the ability to purchase from our extensive catalog of products at 20% below wholesale prices. For those who live a "Natural Lifestyle," this benefit represents a substantial savings. We have found that the people who have succeeded best in this environment are people who have an strong background in natural products, and can speak with their accounts on "their own level." We expect our representatives to be neat, clean, and presentable. We have no specific educational requirements in terms of a degree, but we do expect our salespeople to be articulate and professional.
The objective of the job is to service customers by selling our selection of natural product lines (many well-known brands, some lesser known) and to meet our customer's needs.
The responsibilities involved would be to:
- Service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts.
- Adjust each sales presentation to meet the needs of the specific account involved.
- Focus sales efforts by studying the existing and potential sales volume of each account.
- Submit orders by entering them by computer directly into our computer system, or calling them in to an in house customer service rep.
- Monitor and manage the financial status of each account and work to insure that they keep within our payment terms.
- Recommend new products to distribute based on the requests of your accounts.
- Attend a monthly sales meeting at our Queens, New York facility one evening a month to participate in new product samplings and reviews, and vendor presentations.
We're looking for a person who:
- Is a self-starter
- Has the ability to think "Outside the Box" and is resourceful
- Has strong product knowledge
- Has the ability to persevere
- Is confident in his/her ability to sell
- Enjoys the interaction with retail buyers
- Has a strong work ethic.
E-mail your response and resume to: [email protected] or call Mr. Burstyn at 718-721-8000.