NFM Editors are scouring the Boston Convention & Exhibit Center for their favorite quotes, booths, products, ideas, news, and more. Here are a selection of our picks from Thursday.
- "In order for there to be true change in the food system, we have to make a personal change." - Featured speaker, Bryant Terry, author of Vegan Soul Kitchen.
- One word on Pamela's Products stevia-sweetened, gluten-free cheesecake: YUM.
- Stock this for the holidays: Loofah-Art's colorful kitchen and bath scrubbies. Super fun. Super, well, colorful.
- PC product launches: Kiss My Face introduces xylitol-sweetened mouthrinses on Oct. 1, value sizes, kids' sun sticks and oral care; Good For You Girls rolls out individually sold skin care products for tweens.
- "All [Kiss My Face] plastic containers will be made of 100% postconsumer-recycled material in 12 months."-Lewis Goldstein, VP of marketing. Caveat: Although lip care containers aren't available in 100% PCR yet, Goldstein says it will be as close as possible.
- Jonilee Velasquez and Carla Chauca of the Peru booth got into the spirit of things.
- Working really hard, or hardly working?
A reusable shopping bag that’s colorful and stylish, from Baggu.
Gluten Freeda’s cookies, a gluten-free bake at home cookie that’s tasty enough to please wheat fiends….
The Official Condom Tester t-shirt, seen on the folks manning the Kimono booth. Not only is it eye-catching, its an accurate job description.
Timeless wisdom from Abe Lincoln, seen on the show floor. In case you wondered why there are so many virtuous people in the natural products industry….