NFM Editors are scouring the Boston Convention & Exhibit Center for their favorite quotes, booths, products, ideas, news, and more. Here are a selection of our picks from Wednesday.
- âThe core consumer is more apt to buy a product on sale than the non-core consumer. This indicates they are watching the price.â --Mike Movitz, Vice President, Business Development, SPINS, from a Retailer Workshop seminar
- "Basics Supplements Kits" - Grouping six private label products together and giving a group discount. Where heard: Retailer Workshop: Health & Beauty and Supplements- Merchandising and Product Selection
- A federal court ruled theUSDA violated the National Environmental Policy Actby allowing RoundUp Ready sugar beets to be grown without restrictions. I think it's a huge win for the naturals industry. Where heard: Breaking news heard around BCEC
- About the controversy surrounding the definition of the term âlocalâ:
âLike the Supreme Court said about pornography, youâll know âlocalâ when you see itâ
--Michael Kanter, chief visionary officer, Cambridge Natural Foods, from a Retailer Workshop seminar
- Managing editor Katy Neusteter tries raw stevia -- right from the vine! -- for the first time on the Urban Farm Tour. How can something be so sweet and so bitter all at once?
- "I love playing with worms." --Patti Moreno, Garden Girl TV
- âI think one the coolest thing about our industry, aside from the people in it and the passion they bring, are the products we carry. Iâve been in this industry for 20 years, but Iâm still like a kid at Christmas, walking around the show floor and looking for cool new things.â --Bill Crawford, Growing Your Business in the New Economy seminar