Los Angeles-based Jarrow Formulas® continues its support of the Natural Products Association (NPA) West as a Platinum Member of the NPA West California Advocacy Council for the fifth straight year.
Jarrow Formulas has significantly contributed both financially and promotionally in support of NPA West. Jarrow Formulas contributions to the NPA West California Advocacy Council help the Council to underwrite the regional office so that NPA West has the services of Dot Boyd as the full-time Executive Director working on the association’s behalf. The Advocacy Council’s objectives are to:
- Maintain the association’s regional office in Sacramento with full-time staff.
- Develop relationships with lawmakers who can serve members’ interests.
- Educate legislators and staff about the benefits the natural products industry brings to the state, including employment, tax revenue and healthy citizens (which equates to healthcare cost savings).
- Promote positive perceptions by consistently presenting data to support safety and efficacy of dietary supplements, the industry’s GMP’s and new federal AER regulations.
- Coordinate with other industry trade associations to strengthen and unify the natural products industry’s voice.
- Build retailer and supplier membership in support of the industry.
Jarrow L. Rogovin, President of Jarrow Formulas states, “Our California is an important state and Dot Boyd’s mission is to represent the best interests of our industry and she does it brilliantly.”
“It's difficult to overstate how much this industry owes Jarrow Formulas,” says David Stouder, NPA West President and Owner of Apple Health Foods in Redwood City, CA. “Their generous and steadfast support of NPA West is a small part of what this company does to promote quality supplements, superior science, and health freedom. We are honored to have Jarrow's support. Their example gives us hope for the future of our industry and our mission.”
Jarrow Formulas’ is a nutritional supplement formulator and marketer founded in 1977 and incorporated in 1988. The company markets its products throughout the world, including the United States, Mexico, Canada, England, France, Japan, Singapore, China, Taiwan, Israel, Kuwait, Azerbaijan and other countries. The company offers a complete line of nutritional products that includes vitamins, minerals, specialty antioxidants, probiotics, amino acids, standardized herbal concentrates and enzymes. Jarrow Formulas, Inc. is active in regulatory affairs, helping to maintain Americans’ rights to free access to dietary supplements. Its products are manufactured by Jarrow Industries Incorporated, a 90,000-square-foot pharmaceutical quality facility located in Santa Fe Springs, CA. For more information, contact Mark Becker, Director, Advertising/Communications toll free at (800) 726-0886 or access the Jarrow Formulas Web site at www.Jarrow.com.