More than 300 leading industry players are expected to exhibit. Ocean Spray, Marine Bio, Cognis, Cardinal Health, Lipid Nutrition, Swiss Caps and Aloecorp will be showing a diverse range of ingredients. The show?s international presence has also increased, with exhibitors coming from China, Korea, Japan, the Americas, Africa and New Zealand. Highlights include:
- Overview of the functional foods market, with a focus on consumer attitudes
- New product launches worldwide
- Heart health: omega-3s, plant sterols, beta-glucans, antihypertensive peptides
- Gut health: probiotics from human breast milk bacteria, resistant starches
- The obesity and diabetes epidemic: low-glycaemic products, omega-3s
- Cancer and immunity: polyphenols, phytochemicals, isthiocyanates, selenium, tomato products as cancer prevention, and probiotics in colon cancer prevention
- Anti-ageing: the future for products addressing issues such as cognitive decline, joint stiffness, bone health, skin elasticity, wrinkles and skin ageing
- A Discussion Forum, providing an opportunity to get involved and debate at a high level, will focus on health claims and regulatory issues.
The New Products Zone will showcase the latest developments in the industry. On the show floor, companies will highlight their top product lines:
- ADM?s comprehensive product portfolio, which includes the CardioAid brand of plant sterols and sterol esters, natural-sourced alpha vitamin E and Novasoy soya isoflavones.
- AMC Chemicals representing JSPC?s new Drum to Hopper grade of vitamin C, and introducing a range of tablets manufactured according to specific formulations.
- Biodar?s new BetaCoteTM 20VB, a vegetarian gelatin-free beta-carotene, for nutritional supplements and functional foods.
- Bioriginal?s essential fatty acid powders, with a minimum 50 per cent oil payload.
- Cognis Nutrition & Health?s leading products: Tonalin conjugated linoleic acid, Xangold natural lutein esters, Covitol vitamin E, Covi-ox natural mixed tocopherols, Betatene natural mixed carotenoids, Vegapure sterol esters, Delios medium-chain triglycerides and Cegepal essential fatty acids.
- Extractis? Flash Freeze Extraction technology, characterised by sub-zero extraction temperatures and suited for applications requiring a near 100 per cent extraction rate.
- Frutarom Switzerland?s natural EFLA herbal extracts for high blood pressure, diabetes, and coronary and cardiovascular disorders.
- Glanbia Nutritional?s Provon whey protein isolate, Prolibra whey-derived milk mineral complex plus TruCal milk calcium and milk mineral complex.
- Hankintatukku Oy?s Argimax food supplement, containing arginine for immune and respiratory functions.
- A maker of encapsulated oil- and fat-powders, Kievit?s new Extra Stable product line, combining high stability and high nutrition.
- Lonza?s latest developments surrounding its L-carnitine nutrient and L-Carnipure range.
- Obsidian Research Ltd?s new company division, Obsidian Ingredients.
- Pharmachem?s Phase 2? product, a nonstimulant nutritional ingredient from the white kidney bean, which has been clinically studied to reduce the absorption of starch calories.
- Solbar Industries? expanded family of functional non-GMO soy protein concentrates in its Solcon S line, for meat and vegetarian analogue applications.
- Valensa?s new Zanthin, a natural astaxanthin.
Speakers slated to attend
Dr Fred Brouns, Cerestar
Dr Morten Bryhn, Pronova Biocare
Dr Ian Campbell, University of Nottingham
Dr Henk Henriks, TNO
Professor Marissa Porrini, University of Milan
Professor Tom Sanders, Kings College, London
Professor Colette Shortt, Yakult
Dr Julian Stowell, Danisco
Dr Garry Williamson, Nestlé