The August edition of the AHPA Report includes numerous articles of interest for members of the American Herbal Products Association and others who follow the herbal products and dietary supplement industry.
This month’s edition includes several original articles, including:
– Government Gets Tough with Purveyors of Drug-Spiked “Dietary Supplements”, by Anthony L. Young and Michael McGuffin. CLICK HERE to access this excerpted article
– 52 New Proposition 65 Complaints Filed Against Supplements Companies; Settlements Now Exceed $4 Million, by Michael McGuffin
– How Big is the Global Trade of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants and Extracts?
by Josef Brinckmann
– Upcoming AHPA Seminar: Microscopic Identification of Popular Botanical Materials
– USP Nomenclature Workshop and Expert Committee Meetings, by Steven Dentali, Ph.D.
The American Herbal Products Association (AHPA) is the national trade association and voice of the herbal products industry.AHPA is comprised of domestic and foreign companies doing business as growers, processors, manufacturers and marketers of herbs and herbal products, including foods, dietary supplements, cosmetics, and nonprescription drugs. Founded in 1982, AHPA’s mission is to promote the responsible commerce of herbal products. Website: www.ahpa.org.