The National Center for Natural Products Research (NCNPR) within the School of Pharmacy at the University of Mississippi is pleased to announce its 13th annual international conference on the science and regulation of botanical containing products and dietary supplements.
This conference provides a venue for regulators, academia and industry to discuss current quality and safety issues that impact all stakeholders. This year’s symposia will focus on the future of identifying and promoting best practices that enhance the quality and safety of botanical containing products and dietary supplements in commerce. Hear the perspectives of regulators, academics, manufacturers and trade associations. To this end, the program will include relevant presentations from members of CFSAN/FDA, other international regulatory bodies, major trade associations, scientists and industry representatives.
- International Regulatory and Corporate Approaches for Safety Assessments
- Adulteration: the problem and potential solutions
- Post-market surveillance/adverse event reporting and models for causation (association) assessment
- Communicating safety to consumers
- Application of modern technologies toward establishing the safety, efficacy and quality of botanicals