Did you miss our #IngredientQTV chat all about ingredient quality testing, the good and the challenges?
Log on to Twitter and search #IngredientQTV and see what we talked about.
What is quality?
For ingredients to meet a standard of quality they must be...
...tested and validated every step along the
supply chain. But why do nagging questions remain for consumers about product quality?
The industry at large has made great strides toward the goal of improving overall
ingredient and finished product quality but there’s still much more to be done.
More regulations are forthcoming but don’t fret—that’s a good thing.
cGMPs provide for finished product quality, for ingredients
“The Food Safety Modernization Act hasn’t been implemented and
it will bring a significant amount of responsibilities with it ...”
said Daniel Fabricant, CEO, Natural Products Association.
“There’s a real opportunity there to frame a conversation, to put
systems in place, and to work on the industry globally to have good
metrics about those systems.”
A clearer picture of supply chain complexities is emerging, but also making more transparent progress that's been made for quality - and pitfalls.
We'll chat about this progress, the pitfalls, and opportunty for the future.
Join us, we want to hear from you!
Date: December 10, 2014
Time: 11 a.m. PT/2 p.m. ET Add the Twitterchat to your calendar!
How to join our chat
1. Log in to Twitter or create a Twitter profile if you don't have one yet.
2. Log into our Twitter Chat Room. Or you can choose to follow the hashtag #IngredientQTV on your mobile phone or Twitter app.
3. Once in our Twitter Chat Room, type your comments (less than 140 characters) and hit Update. The #IngredientQTV hashtag will already be included, so no need to type it!
4. Hit the Reply arrow to reply to someone and the Forward arrow to retweet what someone else has said.
5. New tweets will appear at the top of the chat. Keep in mind that questions and comments you tweet may not be answered right away. Allow time for all participants to respond and for tweets to appear in the chat.
Questions? Tweet us @Engredea or leave them in the comments.
Alkemist Labs @AlkemistLabs
Genysis Labs @GenysisLabs