"There is a huge shift going on in the consciousness of people. They are starting to recognize that nutrition and what we eat is actually health care."
—Michael Stroka, The Nutrition Consortium
Part 1: Nutrition is health care
- Understanding the community of nutritionists and how this can benefit your business.
- What are the distinctions between dietetics and nutrition?
Part 2: Understand the credentials
- The differences in credentials among nutritionists.
- How to find the right nutritionist to partner with your business.
Part 3: Rules of engagement with nutritionists
- Ways to engage with nutritionists and the broader impact in doing so.
- The complex regulatory landscape for the practice of nutrition.
Part 4: Stories from the front lines
- NOW Foods' Jim Emme and Institute for Functional Medicine's Kim Ross discuss the mutual benefits of brands and nutritionists working together.
Part 5: The future of health care—personalized nutrition
- The future of diagnostic testing and regulations around personalized nutrition.
- Understanding epigenetic changes and how our interactions with food can shape our DNA.
This session—Nutritionists: Your New Ally in Driving Consumer Choice—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2017. Click "download" below to access the slides.