"We need to be the leaders, not only in terms of responsibility, but ethics. This post-regulatory age is an opportunity to display our ethics."
—Scott Steinford, Trust Transparency Consulting
Part 1: Introduction by Rick Polito
- Is the industry in a post-regulatory age?
Part 2: FDA enforcement
- Larisa Pavlick, United Natural Products Alliance, details FDA enforcement strategies.
- Three different categories for FDA enforcement.
Part 3: Risk assessment
- Ashish Talati, Amin Talati & Upadhye, shares his risk-based analysis model.
- Detailed risk levels and what to do when ingredients meet certain specifications.
Part 4: The cat and mouse game
- Scott Steinford of Trust Transparency Consulting addresses the need for manufacturers and businesses to be "self-policing."
- The intent behind NDI regulation.
Part 5: Questions and answers
- Forecasting the future of regulations with the new FDA commissioner.
- The consumer demand for compliance and transparency.
This session—NDIs & the New Political Reality, What to Expect in the Post-Regulatory Age—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2017.