"Allergens don't discriminate between natural consumers and conventional consumers. It's an issue that affects the entire U.S. population."
—Jenna Blumenfeld, New Hope Network
Part 1: Defining the allergen-free consumer
- There has been a 50 percent increase in food allergies from 1997 to 2011.
- New Hope NEXT's Data and Insights Allergen-Free Consumer survey.
- Why caring about allergens can make a huge economic impact on your business.
Part 2: Allergen control plan: assessment, ingredients and operations
- U.S. and international requirements for mandatory labeling.
- The first four steps in an effective allergen control plan.
Part 3: Allergen control plan: labeling, sanitation and testing
- The next three steps in an effective allergen control plan.
- Comparing and evaluating different test kit formats.
Part 4: Questions and Answers
- Addressing the challenges in cleaning a dry production environment.
- The real world considerations when deciding the frequency of testing.
This session—Allergen Control, The Business Case & Best Practices to Support Your Company—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2017. Click "download" below to access the presentation slides.