OmniActive will be upping the ante at Las Vegas this year by launching an educational campaign—OmniActive’s Insights—directed at SupplySide West attendees interested in the latest science, technologies and market opportunities in nutrition. OmniActive is sponsoring several key opinion leaders to present their expert insights on important and complex issues during multiple show platforms.
“OmniActive is always finding different ways to deliver relevant and vital messages to the industry, and SupplySide West is the perfect forum for this multifaceted educational experience,” said Sanjaya Mariwala, managing director of OmniActive Health Technologies.
Kicking off OmniActive Insights is Dr. Jeffrey Anshel, OD, FAAO, president and founder of the Ocular Nutrition Society, who was selected by Virgo to present a session entitled “AREDS 2 Study Results Update: Examining the Critical Role of Lutein and Zeaxanthin in Maintaining Eye Health” during its Natural Products Educational Track.
“The results of AREDS 2 provide groundbreaking insight into the importance of both lutein and zeaxanthin for eye health,” said Dr. Anshel. “I am looking forward to being a part of OmniActive Insights as well as working with OmniActive in delivering this important message at SupplySide West and beyond.”
The session, which will take place on Wednesday, Nov. 13 from 1 to 1:50 p.m. in the Marco Polo Room (#701), will provide an in depth summery of the highly anticipated Age-Related Eye Disease Study 2 conducted by the National Eye Institute. Dr. Anshel will:
- Review AREDS 2 study findings
- Compare results of AREDS 2 vs. AREDS 1
- Highlight what the AREDS 2 results mean for individuals suffering from or at risk for age-related macular degeneration (AMD) or cataracts
- Discuss the important role of lutein and zeaxanthin in slowing the progression of advanced-AMD
- Share why lutein supplementation has important benefits for individuals of all ages, not just the aging population
- Present important factors for manufacturers to consider when formulating eye health products
OmniActive Health Technologies will be exhibiting at SupplySide West booth #27002. To schedule an appointment with OmniActive representatives at the show, please contact Courtney Morton at [email protected] or 385-222-7038.