Terry Lemerond, president and founder of the natural products company EuroPharma®, was recognized by the Natural Product’s Association Southeast (SOHO) for his long-standing commitment to natural health and his significant contribution to the natural products industry. Lemerond was given the award at the annual meeting in December by the current NPA Southeast president Karen Greenway.
Lemerond is known as a natural products pioneer with over 40 years of service in the industry.
Some of his notable achievements have been:
- Founding Enzymatic Therapy and PhytoPharmica (which he sold in 2000)
- Founding his current company, EuroPharma, makers of the Terry Naturally brand
- Important firsts such as the launch of ground-breaking natural ingredients like glucosamine sulfate, standardized ginkgo, saw palmetto
- Development of award-winning products like Curamin®, Traumaplant® Comfrey Cream, and Vectomega®
- Introduction of the concept of botanical standardization to the U.S. market
"Each year, the Southeast Natural Products Association honors a special person from within the natural foods community with the President’s Award, presented to someone who has made a lifetime contribution to the Natural Products Industry. I was thrilled to be able to honor Terry this year,” said NPA Southeast president Karen Greenway. “There is no one more iconic and deserving than Terry. It is especially personal to me, as it was crossing paths with Terry in the mid-1990s that changed the course of my life in a positive way.”
“At SOHO, I witnessed store owner after store owner thanking Terry and hugging him for helping them and their customers regain their health,” Greenway continued. “Terry Lemerond is truly a treasure to this industry and to our planet.”
“I am very honored to be chosen,” said Lemerond, “For more than 40 years, my goal has been to change the health of America. It is a privilege to work with so many fine people in this industry who are striving for the same thing—people who have unrelenting quality standards and a strong commitment to the science behind natural medicine—people who find ways to get natural products into the hands of people who need them most. I thank them for all they do, and I thank God for guiding me.”