Lallemand Health Solutions was announced as NuW Excellence Awards winner with its product Probio’Stick® in the Health, Immunity & Digestion Innovation of the Year Category, by UBM plc, main organizer of the Health Ingredients Europe event that took place at the Messe Frankfurt Nov. 13 to 15.
Close to 40 entries were received into the awards with submissions coming from mainland Europe, Taiwan, China and the United States.
Chairman of judges Peter Wennstrom commented on behalf of the judges that: "By recognizing Lallemand for Probio’Stick, we are awarding a company that has the ‘guts’ to try a new position for probiotics in the light of the current regulatory regulation. They are developing the area of physical and psychological stress and the gut-brain relation, with clear innovative steps.”
Isabelle Champié, global marketing director at Lallemand Health Solutions, commented about the good news: “We are very proud of this award that is a recognition of joint efforts by several teams in our company to develop, document, product and market this very original and innovative formula, and we thank all the people involved in this success. Since we published the first human study with Probio’Stick on stress in 2008, we have attracted the interests of many scientists and professionals. As a result, today we have several human and mechanistic studies underway to gain better understanding of its modes of action and benefits in other psychology-related areas. It seems that the Probio’Stick story is still in motion.”
Building on the renowned Innovation Awards, the NuW Excellence Awards 2012 recognizes individuals and business for their exemplary work and contribution to the industry.
The awards were judged by a leading panel of industry experts who evaluated the entries on their ability to demonstrate and drive innovation.
The judging panel is as follows:
- Chair of judges: Peter WennstrÓ§m, president, The Healthy Marketing Team
- Bart Fischer, manager of product innovation, Albert Heijn
- Georges Bruelle, prospective manager, Danone
- Albert Zwijgers, senior food technologist, Unilever
- John Madden, head of ingredients research, Euromonitor
- Ian Gordon, chef d’entreprise, Giract
- Elodie LeBastard, director, EAS
- Kamel Chida, associate director of open innovation, General Mills
- Luis Fernandez, vice president of global applications, Tate & Lyle