Second quarter of 2013
- Net sales amounted to MSEK 26.5 (21.9).
- Operating profit totalled MSEK 4.6 (2.2)
- Profit after tax amounted to MSEK 3.8 (2.0).
- Profit after tax per share was SEK 0.42 (0.22).
- Cash flow was a negative MSEK 8.7 (neg: 2.6). Probi paid dividends of MSEK 6.8 (6.8).
First six months of 2013
- Net sales amounted to MSEK 51.9 (52.5).
- Operating profit totalled MSEK 10.6 (10.6).
- Profit after tax amounted to MSEK 8.7 (8.4).
- Profit after tax per share was SEK 0.96 (0.92).
- Cash flow amounted to MSEK 0.0 (7.2).
- Probi paid dividends of MSEK 6.8 (6.8).
Significant events during the second quarter:
- Probi signed an agreement with AlenMed Promotion SIA for the distribution of Probi Digestis® and Probi Defendum® in Belarus.
- Gun-Britt Fransson, VP R&D, was appointed interim CEO.
- SIGNIFICANT EVENTS AFTER THE CLOSE OF THE REPORTING PERIOD:
- Probi signed an agreement with Bio-Life for the distribution of Probi Digestis® in Malaysia.
- Probi signed an agreement with Botanic Pharma for the distribution of Probi Digestis® in Morocco.
“For some time, we have been increasing our resources in Consumer Healthcare and it is gratifying to now see the positive effects of these investments. Net sales in the business area rose 21% to slightly more than MSEK 30 under the first six months of the year. Growth was primarily driven by the positive performance in the North American market. During the summer, we also signed two new agreements in Asia and Eastern Europe, two markets that are prioritised for our continued growth. We view both Bio-Life and AlenMed as strategic partners for our future expansion in these regions,” says Gun-Britt Fransson, interim CEO of Probi.