Third quarter 2012
• Net sales amounted to MSEK 20.8 (21.9).
• Operating profit totaled MSEK 4.0 (5.5).
• Profit after tax amounted to MSEK 2.9 (4.5).
• Profit after tax per share was SEK 0.32 (0.49).
• Cash flow amounted to MSEK 2.8 (neg: 1.8).
• Net sales amounted to MSEK 73.4 (69.8).
• Operating profit totaled MSEK 14.6 (18.5).
• Profit after tax amounted to MSEK 11.4 (14.5).
• Profit after tax per share was SEK 1.25 (1.57).
• Cash flow amounted to MSEK 9.9 (neg: 14.3).
Significant events during the third quarter
• GfK Medic Scope reported a 50.5 percent market share for Probi Mage®and Probi Frisk®in the Swedish market for probiotic dietary supplements.
• German company Symrise became Probi’s largest shareholder after acquiring 11.8 percent of the share capital.
“Our total net sales, excluding ProViva, to date this year have increased by slightly more than 14 percent despite the prevailing business climate. For the remainder of the year, we anticipate additional, slightly higher growth in this area. It is particularly gratifying to note that Probi Mage, slightly more than two years after its launch, is the product that has the highest sales value among non-prescription products for gastrointestinal health in the Swedish pharmacy market. In pace with a decline in the total market in Sweden for juices and fruit drinks, we have experienced a decrease in ProViva volumes compared with 2011 and this trend continued during the third quarter. We anticipate that income from ProViva during the remainder of the year will be at the same level as in the fourth quarter of 2011,” says Michael Oredsson, CEO of Probi.
Probi is a leading player in probiotic research and development of effective and well-documented probiotics. The research areas are: the gastrointestinal tract, immune system, metabolic syndrome, as well as stress and recovery. Probi’s customers are leading companies in the Functional Food and Consumer Healthcare segments. Total income for 2011 was MSEK 95.0. Probi’s share is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm, Small Cap. Probi has approximately 5,000 shareholders. Read more on probi.se.