From foods and drinks that provide extra protein and fiber to decadent chocolate drinks and desserts, Archer Daniels Midland Co. (NYSE: ADM) plans to feature a wide range of its food ingredients at the 2014 Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) Food Expo in New Orleans.
The IFT Annual Meeting and Food Expo, the largest annual food science forum and exposition in the world, will be held at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center from June 22 to 24.
“IFT is an opportunity for us to showcase how ADM ingredients and technical expertise can help manufacturers deliver foods and beverages with the quality and nutritional benefits that consumers are looking for,” said Victoria Podesta, ADM vice president and chief communications officer. “Many of the products we’ll highlight at the show are designed to increase the protein content, deliver additional fiber and add servings of vegetables to foods and beverages that consumers enjoy every day.”
ADM also plans to unveil CLARISOY™ 170, the newest product in its CLARISOY line of plant-based isolates for beverage applications. CLARISOY 170 is an isolated soy protein for use in neutral beverage applications with a pH of 7.0 or higher. It has a clean flavor and smooth mouthfeel that make it ideal for replacing dairy proteins in neutral-based beverages. The CLARISOY product line also includes CLARISOY 100, a 100 percent soluble, transparent isolated soy protein for beverage applications with a pH below 4.0, and CLARISOY 120 for use in low pH powdered beverages.
ADM will be located at booth number 3329 and will be serving a wide variety of products and ADM ingredients including:
- Vanilla-Flavored Dairy Replacement Beverage – This great-tasting and good-for-you beverage is made with CLARISOY 170, featuring an excellent source of protein, and a good source of fiber using Fibersol®-2.
- Hush Puppies – Prepared fresh in the booth and fried in ADM Corn Oil, a balanced oil for flavor and quality, these regional delicacies feature whole kernel corn, ADM Cornmeal and Kansas Diamond® White Whole Wheat Flour and will be paired with a new sauce each day, including creamy feta cilantro pesto, horseradish aioli and roasted red pepper remoulade.
Farm French and Ciabatta Artisan Bread – Golden Hawk® flour gives these artisan breads rustic qualities including a crispy crust and irregular cell structure. The ciabatta will be served with roasted garlic-flavored oil made with Plenish™ High Oleic Soybean Oil, and the Farm French bread will be served with three varieties of hummus including:
- Sundried Tomato Hummus featuring VegeFull™ navy bean powder
- Garden Hummus featuring VegeFull chickpea powder
- Black Bean Hummus featuring VegeFull black bean powder and NuSun® sunflower oil
Snack Clusters – Available in three flavors, these snacks are packed with protein, fiber and other nutrients. They are made with highly customizable TEXTURA™ inclusions and a variety of other ADM ingredients including Fibersol®-LQ, Fibersol®-2 and NutriSoy® crisps.
- Blueberry Almond Cluster – TEXTURA™ navy bean and blueberry powder crisps add fiber, protein and flavor to these clusters.
- Thai Peanut Cluster – These clusters are made with TEXTURA™ red bean and tomato powder crisps for added nutritional value and color.
- Curry Cashew Cluster – TEXTURA white whole grain sorghum crisps add gluten-free whole grain nutrition to this curry-flavored cluster.
- Chocolate Macarons – These French confectionaries are made with deZaan™ D-00-ZR, a new reduced-fat cocoa powder, and deZann Gourmet Temptation 64 bittersweet chocolate for an intense chocolate flavor.
- Brownie Cookie with White Confectionery Chips – This decadent brownie cookie is made with deZaan™ D-11-SB cocoa powder and studded with HC-3704 white non-hydrogenated confectionery chips.
- Cocoa-rita – This horchata-inspired mocktail, featuring deZaan 11-D-505 cocoa powder, will be served in a glass garnished with new Merckens® crispy flakes.