Tremendous opportunity and potentially ominous implications await the natural products industry as we enter a new era of gene coding and genetic modification. Our ability to edit, modify, splice and otherwise manipulate the code of life has never been more available, more immediate or more difficult to understand.
To help make sense of these new food technologies, and the challenges and opportunities they pose, New Hope Network assembled a panel of experts at Natural Products Expo West to dig into the issues.
Tim Avila, Founder & CEO, Systems Bioscience Inc.
Melody Meyer, Vice President of Policy & Industry Relations, UNFI
Dana Perls, Food & Technology Campaigner, Friends of the Earth
Ron Shigeta, Chief Science Officer, Indie Bio
Jim Thomas, Program Director, ETC Group
By tuning in to this thought-provoking presentation, you'll learn:
- The tools and techniques used to genetically modify organisms (past and present).
- How new technologies will impact seed modification and biosynthetic ingredients.
- Where biosynthetic ingredients are most often found in consumer and industrial products.
- The challenges and opportunities that arise for industry and consumers because of genetically modified organisms.
- What is required to build and foster consumer trust as new food technologies emerge and find their way into the food we produce, sell and eat.