Peptones are used as substrates for the growth of a wide variety of microorganisms in processes developed by numerous industries involved in fermentation or cell culture including the biotech, pharmaceutical and food industries. They are obtained from enzymatic or acid digestion of proteins from animal and/or plant sources and are the principle source of Nitrogen in microbial culture media.
The Solabia Group proposes a new partnership in the sourcing of peptones to customers in the United States through the commercial services, customer support and inventory of its subsidiary Solabia Inc., based in New York. The foundation of this collaboration will focus squarely on consistency in pricing and reliability in supply, hallmarks of any supply chain strategy.
As Europe’s leading peptone manufacturer for nearly half a century, Solabia specializes in peptone production and offers a complete (animal and nonanimal) range of peptones for fermentation, diagnostics or cell culture applications and provides to its customers a total and unique package including:
- Security in supply, with separation of animal tissue and plant due to multiple state-of-the-art manufacturing sites;
- Animal (meat) peptones sourced, produced, tested and packaged in BSE-free Brazil (an OIE Category A country);
- Wide range of plant peptones including potato, broadbean, pea, lupin, several soy varieties, etc.
- An approach that focuses on traceability, quality assurance and regulatory issues as a priority ; anticipation of future trends has resulted in several non-allergenic peptones;
- Reliability in manufacturing and delivery, highlighted by significant production capacity, built-in redundancy, and the forward purchasing of strategic raw materials (e.g. New Zealand origin casein);
- Certification that includes a continuous Kosher operation for plant peptones, EDQM (CoS) certificates for bovine products as well as porcine peptones to avoid BSE issues.