The American market for dietary supplements and functional beverages and foods are second-to-none and represent every company’s holy grail for global market success. But finding success here is not as easy as meets the eye. From a tightening regulatory climate to shifting socioeconomic drivers and the nuances of intellectual property protection and variegated sales and distribution channels, the U.S. market is as vexing as it is pregnant with possibility.
In this report you’ll find:
- The top 3 regulatory concerns with tips for overcoming the agencies’ concerns from proper filing to types of allowable claims.
- Top 5 market trends inclusing challenges in supplements and acquisitions update.
- Intellectual property guidelines — patents, trademarks, copyrights.
- Health condition trends.
- US channel characteristics — mass, natural, MLM, practitioner, internet and mail order.
- Distribution / supply chain challenges and opportunities — how to select a distributor or partner, including questions to ask during the selection process
Table of Contents:
I. MARKET HISTORY
Facts About the United States
Understanding the Regulatory Organizations
Table: Significant Regulatory Organizations & Responsibilities in the United States
Table: Types of Claims for Dietary Supplements
III. MARKET TRENDS
Nutrition Industry Category Sales
Figure: U.S. Total Nutrition Industry Sales by Product Category
Dietary Supplement Category Sales
Figure: U.S. Dietary Supplement Sales by Product Category
Top 30 Supplement Companies
Table: Top 30 Supplement Companies
IV. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY PROTECTION
Table: Intellectual Property Guidelines
V. PRODUCT & INGREDIENT TRENDS
Health Condition Trends
Figure: U.S. Supplement Sales by Condition
VI. SALES CHANNELS
Table: U.S. Channels & Definitions
Figure: U.S. Total Nutrition Industry Sales by Channel
Table: U.S. Channel Characteristics
VII. DISTRIBUTION /SUPPLY CHAIN CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES
VIII. IMPORT/EXPORT CONSIDERATIONS
Figure: Supplier of Ingredients to United States by Country
IX. CULTURAL CONSIDERATIONS
X. KEY EVENTS, AGENCIES, ASSOCIATIONS
The NBJ/Engredea Monograph is a comprehensive monthly report filled with exclusive content including insightful market data, science, business intelligence and in-depth coverage on a new ingredient (or ingredient category), central to driving R&D and innovation. Whether you're looking to make strategic business decisions or deciding the best form and format for your product launch, the Monograph provides you with the navigation you need to get there.