AIDP will again be waving its “Good Science Makes Great Food” banner at the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) Show. This year, in addition to its wide portfolio of plant-based proteins, the functional ingredient leader will mark its debut into the digestive health market with PreticX.
This XOS prebiotic has UCLA gold standard science supporting its effectiveness in a number of key areas in gut health:
- It feeds good bacteria essential for a healthy immune system, the first line of defense against illness
- It is backed by a UCLA “gold standard” study, showing its effectiveness at low amounts to enhance good digestive gut bacteria and reduce bloating
- Helps maintain healthy serum triglycerides, cholesterol and glucose levels
- Is gluten-free and Non-GMO verified
- Has superior gastrointestinal safety (FDA GRAS certified), acid and temperature stability and excellent taste profile for food and beverage manufacturing
- Has strong clinical data showing its ability to increase healthy microflora as well as reduce biomarkers of certain health conditions
Interest in probiotics continues to grow, but mounting research shows that using a prebiotic as a “fertilizer” helps the body utilize probiotics even better. PreticX has the benefit over other prebiotics of being very effective at a lower dose, which reduces bloating often associated with high-fiber prebiotics. PreticX is also ideal for food and beverage formulation.
Dr. Jennifer Gu, AIDP’s chief technical officer, will be presenting new findings from the UCLA RCT study at a press conference at 2 p.m. Tuesday, July 14, Room S104B. Her presentation will focus on new prebiotic technology, and also how it applies to innovations in food production. She will also be available in the AIDP booth, No. 3209, for press interviews.
In addition to PreticX, AIDP will be featuring its popular Protein Portfolio including organic varieties, which includes Gabiotein™, a proprietary Sprouted Brown Rice Protein; PeasiPro, a pea protein, RisaPro, and Advantein™, a proprietary pea and rice protein.
Magtein, AIDP’s very successful cognitive health ingredient will also be featured in applications in food and beverage manufacturing.
AIDP will be sampling PreticX lemonade, an Advantein protein bar and Magtein hard candies.
“We continue diversifying our product portfolio to meet customer needs, and we’ve been very fortunate to enter the digestive health space with a strong new ingredient,” says Kathy Lund, vice president of marketing and business development. “We will again be showcasing our proteins and a sampling of other categories where we feel there is a need for the kind of high quality, efficacious ingredients that AIDP is committed to.”