BOULDER, Colo. (January 28, 2010) – Nutracon (www.nutraconference.com) is the premier education and networking conference for the health and nutrition industry. The complete agenda for Nutracon 2010 (www.nutraconference.com/agenda) in Anaheim, California March 10-11 announces a six-track content series that will deliver science, discussion, data, trends and more on the subjects of: Healthy Aging, Natural Sweeteners, Botanicals and Extracts, Weight Management & Obesity, Antioxidant Science, and Healthy Oils. The Nutracon conference, is produced part of New Hope Natural Media’s Supply Network, a division of Penton Media.
• Healthy Aging (2-day track)- This track focuses on measurable science and case studies of companies and products that have been successful reaching this often neglected, high potential demographic with targeted ingredients. Sessions Include: Preserving Cognitive Function with Aging, facilitated by Dr. Jim Joseph, Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging Tufts University and New Information on Bone Strength and Quality V. Bone Density as Key to Healthy Bone Aging, facilitated by Lyra Heller, Category Manager—Hormone Balance, Men's/Women's Health, Skeletal Health, Metagenics.
• Mainstreaming of Natural Sweeteners: From Promise to Perfection (2-day track) This track will look at the pros and cons of the new sweetener game including analysis of market demand, formulation, and more will be discussed and debated by a faculty of subject experts in this 2-day intensive and featured track. Sessions Include: New Sweeteners and How Flavorists are Adapting to Integrate Them into Food/Beverages and New Sweetener Market Reconnaissance, Products, Packages and Trends,
facilitated by Tom Vierhile, Director of Product Launch Analytics, Datamonitor.
• New Developments in Botanicals & Extracts - This category has been the basis for drug development for centuries, this track focuses on regulation, technologies and the emerging markets for botanicals, particularly for food, beverages and nutricosmetics. Sessions Include: GMP and Quality Concerns: What Your FDA Inspector is Looking For, facilitated by Dr. Ikhlas Khan, Assistant Director, Director of FDA Program, Research Professor, National Center for Natural Products and Botanical Products as Inflammatory/Immune Modulators: Perils and Potentials defined by Mechanisms, facilitated by Dr. Gailen D. Marshall, Jr., MD, PhD, University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson.
• Weight Management and Obesity - New opportunities and questions arise as the obesity crisis, coupled with an ongoing health care crisis, can potentially transition the healthy ingredient sector into solution provider for healthcare cost reduction and policy reform. Sessions Include: Trends in Weight Management, facilitated by Tom Aarts, Co-Founder Nutrition Business Journal and Behavioral Issues in Weight Management, facilitated by Dr. John Foreyt, Baylor College of Medicine.
• Antioxidant Science - This track takes a close look at the state and science of antioxidants, picking up where two of most popular tracks in 2009, SuperFruits and Vitamins and Minerals left off—understanding of consumer awareness, attitudes and appetite as well as current marketing practices and shortfalls. Sessions include: Antioxidant Vitamins and Superfruits: The Promises and Perils, facilitated by Dr. David Heber MD, PhD, Director and Professor Center for Human Nutrition, UCLA and Controversies Surrounding Vitamin Antioxidants: Are the Criticisms Justified?, facilitated by Dr. Jeffrey Blumberg PhD, FACN, Professor, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy Tufts University
• Healthy Oils – The topic of healthy oils is big news and this track will look at the opportunities, science, challenges and emerging candidates for transition of products from lab to market. Sessions Include: Ask the Experts: How Can Major Oils Be Best Used in Food Products?, facilitated by Patricia Kearney, President/CEO, PMK Associates, Inc. & Susan Knowlton, Research Manager, DuPont and , , facilitated by Philippe de Lapérouse, Managing Director, HighQuest Partners' Global Food & Agribusiness.
In addition to the six tracks, Nutracon features keynote speaker, Gregory Berns, Distinguished Chair of Neuroeconomics at Emory University and author of Iconoclast: A Neuroscientist Reveals How to Think Differently and closing plenary, Professor Brian Wansink, author of Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think who served as the executive director of the U.S. Department of Agriculture Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion where he helped developed Dietary Guidelines for Americans and MyPyramid.
New Hope Natural Media (www.newhope.com), a division of Penton Media, Inc., is the leading media resource and information provider for the natural, organic and healthy products industry with print, in-person/event, and e-business products and services.
Nutracon, is the premier education and networking conference for the health and nutrition industry. The conference provides relevant insights for innovation based on science and technology, case studies and market intelligence. Attendees gain an understanding of the impact of “next generation” ingredients, emerging markets, consumer trend data and regulatory constraints. Nutracon is co-located with SupplyExpo and Natural Products Expo West.