The American Herbal Products Association (AHPA) welcomes three newly elected and eight returning members to the association's Board of Trustees. The board members were elected at the association's annual member meeting, held March 10 in Anaheim, Calif., in conjunction with Natural Products Expo West.
A high-resolution photo of the newly elected and returning board members is available for download here.
Newly elected or returning to the AHPA Board of Trustees:
- Cindy Angerhofer, Executive Director of Botanical Research and Aroma, Aveda
- Rupa Das, VP, Global Quality & Compliance, BI Nutraceuticals
- Jackie Greenfield, VP, Global Sourcing & Sustainability, Gaia Herbs
- Daniel Gagnon, Owner, Herbs, Etc.
- Steven Yeager, QC/Laboratory Manager, Mountain Rose Herbs (newly elected)
- Tim Callahan, VP of Quality, New Chapter (newly elected)
- Wilson Lau, VP of Sales and Marketing, Nuherbs Co.
- Richard Kaufman, Chief Operating Officer, Paragon Labs
- Stefan Gafner, Director of Analytical Chemistry, Tom's of Maine (newly elected)
Additionally, the AHPA Board of Trustees elected three board members to serve on the association's Executive Committee: Cindy Angerhofer, Daniel Gagnon, and Beth Lambert. They will join the officers on the Executive Committee: Katie Huggins, Chair; Garry Pay, Vice Chair; Wilson Lau, Secretary; and Mitchell Coven, Treasurer.
"As the elected representatives of the members of AHPA, the board guides the association on matters of policy and direction, takes proactive action on behalf of industry, and ensures the continued viability of the organization," says AHPA President Michael McGuffin. "I am thankful for the continued levels of leadership exhibited by the AHPA Board of Trustees. I congratulate the newly elected board members and Executive Committee members and look forward to working with this outstanding group of individuals in the coming year."
Following is the AHPA Board of Trustees for 2011:
- Katie Huggins, Chair, Traditional Medicinals
- Cindy Angerhofer, Aveda Corporation
- Travis Borchardt, Schwabe North America
- Tim Callahan, New Chapter
- Mitchell Coven, Vitality Works
- Beth Curtin, GNC
- Rupa Das, BI Nutraceuticals
- Staci Eisner, PlusPharma
- Edward Fletcher, Strategic Sourcing
- Stefan Gafner, Tom's of Maine
- Daniel Gagnon, Herbs, Etc.
- Jackie Greenfield, Gaia Herbs
- Lyra Heller, Metagenics
- Sara Katz, Herb Pharm
- Richard Kaufman, Paragon Laboratories
- Beth Lambert, Herbalist & Alchemist
- Wilson Lau, Nuherbs Company
- Michael Lelah, NOW Foods
- Shaheen Majeed, Sabinsa Corporation
- Garry Pay, IdeaSphere
- Erica Stump, Bodybuilding.com
- Greg Tilford, Animal Essentials
- Kay Wright, Hain Celestial
- Steven Yeager, Mountain Rose Herbs
About the American Herbal Products Association
The American Herbal Products Association is the national trade association for and voice of the herbal products industry. AHPA is comprised of domestic and foreign companies doing business as growers, processors, manufacturers and marketers of herbs and herbal products, including foods, dietary supplements, cosmetics, and non-prescription drugs. Founded in 1982, AHPA's mission is to promote the responsible commerce of herbal products.