Nominations for the American Herbal Products Association's (AHPA) 2013 AHPA Awards are due by Jan. 11. The annual awards acknowledge individuals and organizations who have made substantive, positive contributions to the herbal products industry.
The AHPA Awards will be presented at the annual AHPA member meeting and breakfast, scheduled in conjunction with the Natural Products Expo West trade show in Anaheim, Calif., on March 7, 2013.
AHPA Award categories:
- Herbal Hero: Individuals who make outstanding contributions to AHPA committees or initiatives.
- Herbal Industry Leader: Companies that set an example of outstanding business practices or organizations that work to move the industry forward, exceeding the standards of normal business practices.
- Herbal Insight Award: Individuals or non-commercial organizations that have a significant impact on furthering knowledge and understanding of botanicals and their uses.
Guidelines for the nomination process include the following:
- Only individuals employed by an AHPA member company may nominate individuals or companies for AHPA Awards.
- Nominees must be employed by AHPA member companies.
- Nominees for the AHPA Herbal Insight Award do not need to be associated with AHPA member companies.
- An outside party must make nominations, preferably with an objective perspective on how the candidate has stood out in the community.
- Nominees (companies and/or individuals) can be nominated in only one category each year.
Nominations can be submitted by AHPA members using the online nomination form.
Nominations will be reviewed by members of AHPA's Communications Committee, which represents a diverse group of industry stakeholders. The committee recommends recipients for each award category and presents these recommendations to AHPA's board of trustees for approval.
For more information on the 2013 AHPA Awards, contact Frank Lampe, AHPA director of communications, 301.588.1171 x104.