A discussion of essential regulatory and legal issues affecting the dietary supplement, food and medical device weight loss industries.
February 13, 2004
Huntsman Cancer Institute
Salt Lake City, Utah
Forces of change are impacting how weight loss products may be marketed and regulated. This one-day seminar, limited to 300 participants, explores the essential legal and regulatory issues affecting the multi-million dollar dietary supplement, food, and medical device weight loss industries.
It will include discussion on topics such as:
• Explaining FTC’s weight loss advertising guideline
• Detailing the dietary supplement industry’s reaction and role in working with FTC to
stop misleading weight loss advertising.
• Reviewing recent FTC cases against companies. Who got in trouble and why?
• Examining FDA’s actions against weight loss products and its regulatory plans
for the future.
• Looking at the post-Ephedra market with respect to claims and safety substantiation
for Ephedra substitutes.
The conference is sponsored by:
American Herbal Products Association (AHPA), Utah Natural Products Alliance (UNPA) and Utah Life Science Association (ULSA).
Registration & Info:
Attn: Lindsay Wright
Utah Natural Products Alliance (UNPA)
1075 Hollywood Ave., Salt Lake City, UT 84105
Tel: (801) 474-2572 / Fax: (801) 474-2571 e-mail: [email protected]
AHPA / ULSA / UNPA Members $295 first person / $95 each additional attendee from the same company
All Others $495