INTERIM REPORT 1 JANUARY – 31 MARCH 2008
(Figures in brackets refer to the same period of the previous year)
- Net sales amounted to SEK 36.1 million (26.4), an increase of SEK 9.7 million (37%) compared to the same period of last year.
- Operating profit was SEK 7.5 million (2.3), an improvement of SEK 5.2 million compared to the same period of last year.
- Profit after tax was SEK 8.0 million (2.6), an improvement of SEK 5.4 million compared to the same period of last year.
- Earnings per share were SEK 0.47 (0.15).
- Cash flow from operating activities before change in working capital was SEK 9.3 million (4.1). Total cash flow for the period was SEK 3.5
(-1.1). Cash and cash equivalents at 31 March 2008 totalled SEK 46.5 million.
Key events in the first quarter of 2008
- Agreement with Sunstar for the sale of oral health products in more than 100 countries.
- BioGaia continues its Japanese venture.
- New and extended agreement with Ferring for the sale of BioGaia's Probiotic drops and tablets in a number of countries.
Key events after the end of the first quarter
- Agreement with Neocare for the sale of BioGaia's Probiotic drops and tablets in Belgium and Luxembourg
For additional information contact:
Peter Rothschild, Managing Director, telephone: +46 8 555 293 00
Jan Annwall, Deputy Managing Director, telephone: +46 8 555 293 00
BioGaia is a biotechnology company that develops, markets and sells probiotic products
with documented health benefits. The products are primarily based on the lactic acid
bacterium Lactobacillus reuteri (Reuteri), which has probiotic, health-enhancing effects.
The class B share of the Parent Company BioGaia AB is quoted on the Small Cap
list of the OMX Nordic Exchange Stockholm.