(Santa Clara, CA) September 11, 2006 – California Senator Tom Torlakson will be the featured keynote speaker at the NNFA-West Healthy Harvest Show Fresh Perspectives industry luncheon, Friday, September 15, 2006, 12:15 at the Santa Clara Convention Center, 5001 Great America Parkway in Santa Clara, CA. Senator Torlakson is scheduled to speak at 12:45. The keynote luncheon is sponsored by Jarrow Formulas®.
Torlakson, who represents the 7th Senate District, which includes most of Contra Costa County, has made a personal commitment to health and sustainable living as chair and founder of the California Task Force on Youth and Workplace Wellness. He will discuss the importance of individuals becoming involved in the political advocacy process.
Natural products experts from retailing, law, food service, technology and employment practices will also speak during the NNFA-West Healthy Harvest Show Fresh Perspectives education day, Friday, September 15, 2006, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Speakers and topics for the Fresh Perspectives education day include:
• Danny Wells -- “How To Competitor-Proof Your Store.” President of Danny Wells & Associates
• Jay Jacobowitz -- “Controlling The Point-of-Contact With Your Customer.” President of Retail Insights
• Steve Rosen -- “Foodservice Operations In A Nutshell.” Rosen is known as the “Delilamma” and is the owner and operator of Rosen Enterprises
• Dale Hodges -- “Organic Agriculture For Retailers: Building Sustainable Produce Sales.” Hodges is the produce sales manager at United Natural Foods West
• Dick Calio -- “Retailing Technology: How To Choose It, How To Use It.” President of R.J. Calio Consulting
• Steven Shapiro -- “Legal Issues In Retailing Dietary Supplements.” A partner in the New York City law firm of Ullman, Shapiro & Ullman.
• Tom Delaney and Alexandra McDermot Wilcox -- “Protecting Your Business With Comprehensive Employment Practices.” Legal experts in employment litigation from the law firm of Sedgwick, Detert, Moran & Arnold
The Healthy Harvest Show is hosted by NNFA-West, the regional association representing natural products retailers and industry members located in California, Arizona, Nevada and Hawaii. The NNFA Rocky Mountain Association – covering the states of New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska and Kansas – is the co-host for this year’s Healthy Harvest Show. The Healthy Harvest Show is produced by TLC Tradeshow Productions of Ojai, CA.
The show’s exhibit floor will be open on September 16-17, 2006. Admission to the trade show and the Fresh Perspectives educational sessions at the Healthy Harvest Show is free to all health and natural food retailers. Membership in NNFA-West is not a requirement for attending the Healthy Harvest Show.
For more information call TLC Tradeshow Productions at 805.646.4373 or visit the web site at www.HealthyHarvestShow.com.
# # # #