MINNEAPOLIS – Cargill will showcase its innovative platforms — including “Heart Health,” “Joint Health” and “Fiber” — in the company’s booth (#1009) at Supply Side West, November 9-11, 2005 in Las Vegas (The Venetian and Sands Expo.)
“Cargill’s consumer insight projects provide support for food, food ingredients and dietary supplement product concepts that address health concerns important to mainstream America, including heart health, joint and bone health, and increasing dietary fiber,” said Ted Ziemann, president, Cargill Health & Food Technologies. “Our focus on these platforms reflects Cargill’s commitment to accelerate the development of new health-promoting ingredients and ingredient systems that help our customers achieve their business goals.”
SupplySide West participants will learn more about Cargill’s heart-healthy ingredients including:
· Barlív™ barley beta glucan, a concentrated soluble fiber derived from barley that has cholesterol-lowering properties similar to oats;
· CoroWise™ plant sterols, which carry the FDA heart-health claim and are clinically proven to lower cholesterol;
· Prolísse® soy protein isolate, neutral tasting with 90 percent protein; and ? Prolía™ soy flour, an alternative protein source. Both Prolisse® and Prolia™ are also eligible to carry the FDA heart-health claim.
Cargill’s innovative, fiber-based ingredients include:
· the ActiStar™ family of resistant starches, which are designed to help deliver increased levels of dietary fiber without impacting the product’s flavor or performance;
· Oliggo-Fiber® inulin, a natural, soluble fiber extracted from chicory roots which may help promote bone health by boosting calcium absorption and may help promote a healthy digestive system by stimulating the growth of beneficial bifidobacteria; and
· Barlív™ barley beta glucan.
Joint health products include:
· OptaFlex™ natural chondroitin, which is self-affirmed GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe) for specific food applications and manufactured using a water-based process; and
· vegetable sourced REGENASURE® glucosamine, the only non-shellfish, non-animal derived glucosamine.
Also new this year is the expansion of Cargill’s sweetener portfolio with the introduction of the all-natural Xtend™ sucromalt. Xtend™ sucromalt is a fully digestible, slow-release carbohydrate that delivers the full energy of sugar, but it is digested more slowly in the body. The product may be particularly appealing to food and beverage manufacturers who want to satisfy current and future consumer demands for slow-energy release and glycemic response. Cargill’s Xtend™ family of slowly digestible sweeteners also includes Xtend™ isomaltulose, a granular product designed to offer similar benefits.
Additional Cargill ingredients to be featured will include Eridex™ erythritol, which is available in an organic version, a natural, sugar alcohol with no impact on blood sugar, making it ideal for light, reduced-calorie, or diabetic applications.
For information about Barlív™ barley beta glucan, CoroWise™ plant sterols, Oliggo-Fiber® inulin, OptaFlex™ chondroitin and Prolisse™ soy protein isolate, visit www.cargillhft.com and www.corowise.com. For information about REGENASURE® glucosamine visit www.regenasure.com. For information about Xtend™ sucromalt and Xtend™ isomaltulose, visit www.cargill.com. For information about ActiStar™ resistant starches and Eridex™ erythritol visit www.cargillfoods.com.
Cargill is an international provider of food, agricultural and risk management products and services. With 124,000 employees in 59 countries, the company is committed to using its knowledge and experience to collaborate with customers to help them succeed. Cargill is a leading supplier of core, specialty and health-promoting ingredients and systems to global food and beverage companies, and possesses deep functional capabilities in sweetness, texture, emulsification, and flavor. For more information, visit www.cargill.com.
Pam Stauffer, (952) 742-6080, [email protected]