Companies & Markets just released a report entitled Production and Market of Taurine in China. Taurine is popular in developed countries for its indispensable role in strengthening nutrition. Driven by the increasing demand, taurine industry in China has kept developing in recent years, posting an increase of 27,639 tonnes in output with a CAGR of 36.1% from 2008 to 2010. The top five among couples of taurine manufacturers contributed to about 90% of China's total taurine output in 2010.
Taurine is an export-oriented product in China-almost 90% of the global taurine is produced by China, which is mainly exported to the US, Europe and Japan. During 2008 and 2010, China's export volume of taurine has been increasing quickly with a CAGR of 36.6%. A large amount of the product is used in beverages, pet foods and health care foods overseas every year. Different from the wide application overseas, in China taurine is mostly used in pharmaceuticals, beverages and foods, with consumption accounting for less than 20% of its total output in the past three years. However, the apparent consumption of taurine in China has been increasing rapidly in recent years for the surging demand from domestic market, especially the food and beverage industry.
The situations mentioned above indicate:
- The demand from overseas as well as domestic market is thriving with an increasing recognition of nutrition enhancer.
China's taurine industry is flourishing and continues to develop.
- The domestic market is of great potential, while overseas market is still an important motive force of the development of China's taurine industry.
To show the details, this report provides primary data and analysis of taurine industry in China in terms of production situation, price, consumption pattern and application field. Based on comprehensive investigation, we forecast the demand, output and technology development of the industry from 2011 to 2015.
What can be learnt from this report?
- Production information (manufacturers, capacity, output, technology and price) about China's taurine industry;
- Current consumption and export situation of taurine in China;
- Main drivers and barriers for the development of China's taurine industry;
- Future development trend of China's taurine industry.