WASHINGTON, D.C., December 7, 2006 — Marjorie Fine, executive vice president and general counsel, Shaklee Corporation, has been elected chair of the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN), the dietary supplement industry’s leading trade association. Ms. Fine, who will hold the office effective January 1st until December 2008, succeeds Chuck Brice, senior vice president, sales and business development, Kemin Health, L.C. Mr. Brice will continue to serve on the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee as immediate past chair.
Ms. Fine is a visible leader for the dietary supplement industry and has held a seat on the CRN Board since 2000. This past term she served as the Association’s chair-elect (2005-2006).
Ms. Fine joined Shaklee in 1989 as associate general counsel and assistant secretary and has assumed increasing responsibilities during her tenure. Currently, she oversees law, government relations, field administration, human resources, product quality assurance and risk management at Shaklee. Prior to her work at Shaklee, Ms. Fine was senior counsel at the Bank of America NT&SA and spent 10 years with the firm of Donahue, Gallagher & Woods, having reached the partner level. She received her Juris Doctor degree from the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law.
Working with Ms. Fine on CRN’s Board of Directors will be 25 member company representatives plus CRN President & CEO, Steve Mister. The Board includes the following newly-elected officers: chair-elect, Mark LeDoux, Natural Alternatives International, Inc.; treasurer, David
Christensen, Bayer Corporation; secretary, Joe LaPlaca, DSM Nutritional Products, Inc.; immediate past chair, Chuck Brice of Kemin Health, L.C.
Additionally the following committee chairs have been appointed:
• Government Relations Committee, Carolyn Sabatini, Pharmavite LLC
• International Trade and Market Development Committee, John Venardos, Herbalife International of America, Inc.
• Media Relations Committee, Gail Becker, GBA Health Communications
• Membership Committee, Byron Johnson, Access Business Group/Nutrilite
• Regulatory Affairs Committee, Heidi Horn, Perrigo, and Paul Bolar, Pharmavite LLC (co-chairs)
• Senior Scientific Advisory Council, Zoraida DeFreitas, Kemin Health, L.C.
The newly elected Executive Committee will be comprised of the officers and the following Board members:
• Kristen Blanchard, Nutramax Laboratories
• David Eckert, Cognis Nutrition & Health
• Jeff Hinrichs, Nutraceuticals Corporation
• Dan Thomson, Schiff Nutrition International
• Bill Van Dyke, B&D Nutritional Ingredients, Inc.
• John Venardos, Herbalife International of America, Inc.
According to Ms. Fine, “I am honored to have been elected by my colleagues to this position. During my two-year term, I intend to work closely with, Steve [Mister] and cooperatively with our member companies, on an agenda that focuses on industry responsibility and further acceptance of our products as part of mainstream healthcare.”