WASHINGTON, D.C., December 17, 2009—The Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN), the dietary supplement industry’s leading trade association, is pleased to announce the following executives have been elected to serve on the CRN Board of Directors, effective January 2010: Chuck Brice of Kemin Health L.C., Larry Esposito of Innophos, Inc., Ron Fugate of Alacer Corporation, Scott Hagerman of Chemi Nutra, Carl Hastings of Reliv International, Inc., and Vic Neufeld of Jamieson Laboratories Ltd.
In addition, Jim Hamilton of DSM Nutritional Products, Inc. has been named CRN’s new Chair-Elect, replacing Janice Binger, formerly of Archer Daniels Midland.
“This has been a year of change for the dietary supplement industry, particularly with the shift of power in Washington, D.C.,” said Mark LeDoux, CRN Chair. “Similarly the coming year will bring many challenges, but with those challenges comes the prospect of great opportunity. CRN’s Board of Directors will strategically lead CRN to meet those challenges and pursue those opportunities both here and abroad.”
Following is a list of CRN’s Board of Directors, including Officers, for 2010:
• Natalie Bartner, Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
• John Blair, NSA, Inc.
• Kristen Blanchard, Nutramax Laboratories, Inc. (Secretary)
• Paul Bolar, Pharmavite LLC
• Michael Bradley, Perrigo Company
• Chuck Brice, Kemin Health L.C.
• David Christensen, Bayer Healthcare (Treasurer)
• Greg Dodson, Archer Daniels Midland
• Larry Esposito, Innophos, Inc.
• Marjorie Fine, Shaklee Corporation
• Ron Fugate, Alacer Corporation
• Scott Hagerman, Chemi Nutra
• Jim Hamilton, DSM Nutritional Products, Inc. (Chair-Elect)
• Carl Hastings, Reliv International, Inc.
• David Henstrom, Cargill Health & Nutrition
• Byron Johnson, Amway Corporation
• Harvey Kamil, NBTY, Inc.
• Mark LeDoux, Natural Alternatives International, Inc. (Chair)
• Doug Lioon, Douglas Laboratories
• Kathy McKnight, Natural Factors Nutritional Products, Inc.
• Raj Mishra, GlaxoSmithKline
• Steve Mister, CRN (President & CEO)
• David Morrison, The Vitamin Shoppe
• Vic Neufeld, Jamieson Laboratories, Ltd.
• Ona Scandurra, Country Life Vitamins
• Nick Shackley, BASF Corporation
• Robert Sinott, Mannatech, Inc.
• Don Stanek, Linnea, Inc.
• David Sullivan, General Nutrition Centers, Inc.
• Bill Van Dyke, B&D Nutritional Ingredients, Inc.
• John Venardos, Herbalife International of America, Inc.
• Tyler Whitehead, Nu Skin Enterprises
• Bruce Wood, Schiff Nutrition International
The Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN), founded in 1973, is a Washington, D.C.-based trade association representing dietary supplement manufacturers and ingredient suppliers. In addition to complying with a host of federal and state regulations governing dietary supplements in the areas of manufacturing, marketing, quality control and safety, our 70+ manufacturer and supplier members also agree to adhere to additional voluntary guidelines as well as CRN’s Code of Ethics. Visit www.crnusa.org.