Davos Life Science (DavosLife) announced that its Natural e3 delta-tocotrienol (Natural e3) is now available in Japan and Korea. Tocotrienols are a member of the Vitamin E family, and numerous scientific studies have shown their unique health benefits in a wide range of areas. Natural e3 has achieved GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe) status (1), and can be formulated in dietary supplements, functional food and beverages, as well as cosmetics and personal care products.
"With increased awareness on the advantages of tocotrienols, we have seen growing interest in Natural e3 throughout Asia, in particular from Japan and Korea. We are pleased to have established direct channels in these countries and have also launched our online store, to cater to the demand. DavosLife looks forward to working with industry partners to make the health benefits of tocotrienols better known and available," said Arthur Ling, CEO DavosLife, the world’s largest manufacturer and R&D centre dedicated to the production and research of tocotrienols.
Extensive health benefits
Over 400 research studies have established that tocotrienols provide health benefits in the following areas:
1) Cancer – Research by DavosLife showed that tocotrienols can cause apoptosis (cell death) of cancer cells, including prostate, breast and skin cancers. The DavosLife research also showed that tocotrienols could kill prostate cancer stem cells unaffected by docetaxel, a chemotherapy drug. Other studies have shown tocotrienol’s cancer-killing effects in liver and colon cancer cells, while leaving normal cells healthy. A Phase 1 pancreatic trial using Natural e3 delta tocotrienols is now underway in the US.
2) Cardiovascular and Metabolic health – In-vitro, animal studies and clinical trials, conducted by DavosLife and other research organisations, have shown that tocotrienols reduce triglyceride and LDL cholesterol levels in blood, by up to 28%. Studies also showed that tocotrienol supplementation inhibits the formation of fatty plaque in main blood vessels and improves fatty liver conditions.
3) Anti-inflammation – Studies revealed that tocotrienol down-regulates the NF-KB cell signalling pathway. Over-activation of this pathway is associated with chronic inflammation, immune disorders and certain cancers.
4) Anti-oxidation and neuro-protection – Tocotrienols are powerful anti-oxidants, protecting the body from attack by free radicals and DNA damage. Studies have shown a significant reduction in DNA damage in subjects that took tocotrienol. Tocotrienol was also shown to have neuro-protective properties, even at very low concentrations.
5) Skincare – Research by DavosLife have showed tocotrienols’ ability to promote skin de-pigmentation through inhibition of tyrosinase, which is required for melanin synthesis. Tocotrienols also reduce free radical production in the skin due to UVA and UVB exposure. In addition to sun protective mechanisms, tocotrienols activate cells responsible for skin repair, suggesting they play a role in wound-healing and skin regeneration.
6) Radioprotection – In animal studies, research showed that tocotrienols provide good recovery and survivability for mice exposed to high doses of total body irradiation. Tocotrienols protect haematopoietic stem cells (cells that produce blood cells) by preventing DNA damage. They also protect against gastro-intestinal and vascular injury from total body irradiation.
Natural e3 is 100% natural and is extracted using state-of-the-art technology from GMO-free palm fruits, from DavosLife’s parent company’s (2) plantations. DavosLife produces highest purity palm tocotrienols of up to 97% purity. Natural e3 is available in oil, powder and water-soluble forms. DavosLife has been awarded the ’2010 Asia Pacific Excellence Award in Vitamin E Research’ by Frost and Sullivan.
DavosLife was established in 2004, as the world’s largest tocotrienol manufacturer and research company. It conducts and supports cutting-edge research in the use of natural tocotrienols. DavosLife tocotrienols are sold to international nutraceutical and cosmeceutical finished product manufacturers under the brand name, Natural e3. For its commitment in advancing tocotrienol research, DavosLife is a distinguished recipient of the 2010 Asia Pacific Frost & Sullivan Excellence Award in the Vitamin E Market. For more information, please visit www.davoslife.com
(1) A food safety standard reviewed and approved by the US FDA
(2) DavosLife is a 100% subsidiary of Kuala Lumpur Kepong Berhad, a publicly listed company in Malaysia